WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Bandit »

People were passing out these at NXT.

1) I don't think Hogan was removed was he? I thought they just took his alumni page off of WWE.com and stopped using him.

2) They know who Linda works for, right?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

They removed him from the HOF section but there was no mention of him being removed from the HOF itself.

Trying to get someone booted from the WWE HOF would be like getting MTV to revoke one of their Music or Movies awards. A total waste of time.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

So Braun Strowman's gimmick is basically Wrestling Godzilla?

Got no problem with that!

((By the way hi all, will try to post more often.))

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, basically.

Summerslam was hit and miss except for the main event and the tag title match. Other than that the NXT show blew it away.

They absolutely have to go with Braun. The NYC crowd should not like him since he's not their kind of wrestler, yet he made them turn on Brock. He's got what Roman doesn't have. I was expecting Joe to get the reaction Braun had.

The Jinder/Nakamura match continues Jinder's streak of shitty PPV matches. And he had so much bacne when they got a close up of his shoulders during his entrance. But he's not on steroids! Honest!

AJ/Owens was good, but the Shane stuff took it down a notch. I'm so sick of Shane.

Meltzer was acting like Cena was bigger than usual, but I didn't see that, I thought he looked his normal size.

Also I am glad the rumors of Undertaker coming back turned out not to be true. His retirement was such a great moment I don't want to see it ruined. Although obviously the fans would be happy if he came back they couldn't get that reaction from fans where they chanted for him for 10 minutes the next night on Raw if he came back again. And that was the way Taker deserved to be sent off.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Remember back when people wanted to be called that?

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

well 3 matches for the kick off show wasnt a bad start I guess though they wouldnt have been out of place on the weekly show for the most part, the tag title one must have been running long as I'm sure I didnt see Big E get tagged in but he got pinned anyway, sadly I doubt this will stop new days shit though
Main show was fairly good, had a good laugh at Rusev attacking Orton only to loose in about 10 seconds when the match stated, maybe him & Lesner could swap stories of quick loss's
Speaking of Lesner at one point I thought he was reiring after getting carted off, as that would seem a way to go without actually loosing, but then he wandered back & they still have a part time champ, it was a decent match though with plenty of stuff getting smashed up
Every other match seemed at least pretty OK but not much stands out in memory other than every title except the 2 big ones changed.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Haven't watched Summerslam yet so I'm trying to avoid spoilers. The new season of Southpaw Regional Wrestling is back. A few new characters this time round too.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Roode should have a pretty good career since HHH has been a huge fan of his for years and wanted to bring him in.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Rumors are going around Rusev and Lana asked for their releases after Summerslam. Rusev had been complaining because he was promised the push Jinder is currently getting so the squash was punishment,

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Lana has said that the reports aren't true.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Asuka was called up to the main roster.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Cool. Hopefully she goes to Raw and kicks the shit out of Nia.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Hopefully Nia won't immediately reinjure her.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

SummerSlam was a thumbs up from me. Best match IMO was the main event. BRAUN STROWMAN~!!!

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Booker lives in Houston so he is unable to travel to Raw tonight. Jerry Lawler will fill in for him. It will be nice to hear Jerry again.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Didn't see it but apparently they did a worked shoot promo on Raw where Cena buried Roman. WWEs bizarro booking makes no sense because it weakens Reigns even more. Reform the Shield then it will perhaps give him some degree if credibility back.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It was like half that promo HHH cut on Cena before Wrestlemania 22 and half Vince Russo. The main problem I had was Cena shitting on his Undertaker win by saying it doesn't count as impressive because Taker was old and injured. Take that away from Roman and he doesn't have much. Why not make it like Roman wants to retire two legends.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Is he going to haze the kids in his charity?