Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

The theory is Owens and Zayn have been acting up because they're angry about Jimmy Jacobs being fired, who they were close to. If that's true Owens is a moron because there's no way he'd make what he earns in t-shirt sales working indies like Cody.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Does one person who isn't a friend of Undertaker want to see McCool again?

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Can't think of a memorable Michelle McCool match. Only when they did that unnecessary Piggie James angle with Laycool.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

All I remember is Michael Cole insisting she was the greatest female wrestler in the world. And seeing it today with how good the division is would look so absurd. She couldn't hang with most of them. But I get they had to be nice to their friend's wife. She would just look so out of place now.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea I can't really remember a match of hers and that's not being critical, just nothing from what I recall. When Michelle debuted which I vaguely remember her having a teacher type gimmick I think the audience thought it was Miss Hancock because of how McCool was dressed and that Stacy was coming back so it was like them getting ready to pop and more like a deflated reaction instead.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, she was a teacher before wrestling so she had a tag team called The Teacher's Pets with some OVW guys nobody remembers. Then she had a Girl Next Door gimmick and then LayCool.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Wasn't one of the guys in the team Sandow?

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Wow, it was, I had no memory of that.

So he was in WWE a decade, which surprised me. But Smackdown wasn't very good in 2006-07 so I didn't watch a lot of it.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Had to wiki it but Sandow got released in 08 and resigned in 2010. KC James was his tag partner.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

And the poor guy got over huge and they drop the angle as soon as they could and release him. All they had to do was let him look good when he turned on Miz and the crowd was ready to support him. Meanwhile Jinder got a world title run. He's Lebanese like Sabu so he should have pretended to be Indian like him and they'd have him beating Brock.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Because he got over on his own then they slam the brakes on. Mizdow vs Miz would have been fun. When him and Axel were doing the Hulk and Macho thing is when he got axed I think when Hulk become persona non grata. A Sandow run as champ would have been better especially if they gave him a Sheik type gimmick where he could have really played up to it. Still think the Mizdow stuff was genuinely funny so maybe that typecast him so to speak as a comedy wrestler like Santino.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

James Ellsworth has been released today

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

well that nxt show was alright, been a fair bit since I bothered watching one. First match had a nice element of 'guys a damn terminator' with the amoung of times he got up or was unafected which was rather nice to see, lets face it its what they were going for I reckon & this one pulled it off.

As for the War Games main event, well I was interested when I saw them talking about it, slightly less maybe when I saw the cage for this one had no roof like all the old ones they showed, but when one of Sanity didnt get in untill he chucked a bunch of toys in things looked up again. Gotta say that overall it was more than I epected from the WWE, heads may roll due to the blood though so that wouldnt shock me, but of course if it was TNA/GFW you know more weapons woulda been out & hanging around the top of the cage woulda led to being tossed off.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

several days later & I still find if funny that HHH looked like he was absolutely shitting himself when Strowman grabbed him at the PPV then made him back out of the ring in fear the next day

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »