WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Big Boss Man »

We don't really know the full story here, whether Tom wanted a push and Hogan might have been blocking the path for his successor. We know that he stopped the union that Jesse was trying to set up. So a younger guy on the scene who Vince wanted to take over might have made Hulk think you know I'll tell Vince he's still green etc.

So say he wanted to move up the ranks and have better opponents he would get pissed off and think you know I'll coast this out til my contract expires. As he was a legit power lifter you'd think they would have given him the Strong Man gimmick and having him feud with like Dino Bravo, Hercules etc. Because a big guy doing flips seems kinda the opposite the image you're trying to portray.

As for what Vince should have done, he is known for changing his mind, so as soon as Warrior came in then he switched gears and put the house on him instead. So if you want to move up the card and are hailed as the next star, but Vince goes, well we are going with the Ultimate Warrior instead, then he doesn't really have much incentive to work on his craft.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

He didn't even get that far to come on Hogan's radar. In 1986 Hogan knew he had years left on top. It was the reason he didn't try to derail Savage when it was clear in '87 Savage was going to be next, his ego was at a high so he thought he was untouchable. He hadn't even had Wrestlemania 3 yet, and even then his career didn't peak until Wrestlemania 5. It was after No Holds Barred flopped that Vince realized Hogan was stale and maybe he should look at Warrior. The union situation was something else entirely. A union would have had an immediate effect on his money, so he ratted Jesse out.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

From WON
Some notes regarding different things of late. Paul Levesque, while never saying anything publicly, those close to the situation say he’s very frustrated with how things are going on the main roster. One person noted that a big problem isn’t Vince not being open to suggestions, but that they believe he’s far too open these days to suggestions and that it ends up watering down all the original visions and storylines. We’re told that there has been too much input from too many people on the team who haven’t figured out that when you change something in a story, it has a ripple effect on every aspect of the story. He solicits input on so much from so many people that it leads to things being watered down.

There is a question of how Vince is going to cope with things early next year once the XFL starts. I can recall in 2001 when everyone doing both was just exhausted during football season. For better or worse, Vince’s workload is crazy now. He’s often in the office past midnight, close to 3 a.m. at least once a week and Friday’s his easy day, he’s working until 8 p.m. It’s mostly work and lifting weights, and occasionally watching some football on the weekend. The feeling is once the XFL starts, even though he says nothing will change, that it is simply impossible that’s the case unless he spends little time on the XFL. And since he’s got so much riding on the XFL, and is spending so much money on it, I can’t see him staying out of it.

Regarding the family, Levesque picks his spots to talk with Vince, but never does it in front of anyone. Stephanie has nothing to do with creative. Shane does pitch ideas for himself but they rarely get used.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

I may need to get a BT-TV box if this is accurate

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

WWE was on Sky for decades so moving to BT would be a real end of an era. I assume the PPVs will be on BTsports box office unless they will be included as part of the deal like the UFC ones are.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

It's not just a wrestling thing - so many companies bleed to death from the inside because you have bosses that micromanage them to death, and that's what's happening here. The rot has set in and I honestly have no idea how deep it will go.
Very sorry for the writers there and I actually feel kinda bad for saying some shit about them in the past. ((Seriously though, 37 goddamn writers?))

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They really did do Panic Booking all night.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Also Lars Sullivan gets in trouble for racism, but he seems to have a gimmick of beating up minorities (Rey, Singhs, Truth, and now Lucha House Party.) So it's amazing they don't understand the bad optics of a racist white guy beating up four Mexicans, two Indians and a black wrestler in his first month. It's like he's averaging one hate crime a week for his gimmick.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

LOL at the crowd reaction to the 24/7 title.

One of the ugliest looking belts ever.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

A fail on every level.

0 replicas will be sold.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

just watched MitB last night & Vince once again showed his love of Lesnar it seemed, though these seem to suggest it may be be the same love fest it was before

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

A very good oral history of the day leading up to Over The Edge '99. Tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of his death.

An amazing part I didn't know was they did a test of the stunt with a sand bag and it failed then too.

A fan who saw it happen

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

24/7 title, whoever holds it can be sure of one thing, they will always be safe from Lesnar.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »