WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea seems hypocritical. If anything it keeps DX relevant. Plus Big Kev, Razor et al have no problem with the 2 sweet stuff so it's petty Vince is making a big deal of it.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They made a new shirt already.

Brilliant.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Well, we can look forward to the Jinder title run until at least January, because WWE will be touring India in December. Ugh. And I gave Jinder a chance and praised his work ethic, but he's ruined Smackdown and won't improve in the ring.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Is Jinder the first wrestler to go from job guy to world champion?. I think Hunter has defended that by saying he was touted to be "the guy". Great Kahli will no doubt be brought back for the India tour too.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

From what I can remember. JBL was the lowest level guy to go on to win a world title before him.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Thanks I forgot about JBL. Also maybe Ronnie Garvin as NWA world champion. Not a job guy but a midcarder.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

-- Monday's WWE Raw generated only 2.77 million viewers, down 5% from the week prior and coming in as the sixth least watched Raw in 2017. It is the also the lowest viewership since June 12, which was during the NBA finals.

Hourly numbers were interesting with a way smaller third hour drop than usual:

Hour 1: 2.95 million
Hour 2: 2.76 million
Hour 3: 2.62 million

The Redskins/Chiefs NFL Monday Night Football game drew 11.94 million viewers, a 13% drop from the week prior while Dancing with the Stars (which featured John Cena and Nikki Bella) generated 9.06 million.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

WAR GAMES IS COMING BACK~!
WWE is bringing back War Games for NXT TakeOver: Houston.

It was announced during tonight's NXT television tapings at Full Sail University that The Undisputed Era (Adam Cole, Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly), SAnitY (Eric Young, Alexander Wolfe & Killian Dain), and Roderick Strong & The Authors of Pain would be facing off in a War Games match next month. It's the first time that WWE has used the match type since acquiring WCW in 2001.

JJ Williams, our NXT reporter, notes that he believes the match was announced as having two rings like traditional War Games matches had.

There was an angle on the tapings where Cole, Fish, and O'Reilly continued to try and get Strong to join their group. The three caused a disqualification in a tag title match between SAnitY and AOP, then Strong teased putting on Undisputed Era's armband before attacking Cole. AOP then made the save for Strong after The Undisputed Era regained control, with William Regal announcing the match for TakeOver.

Tonight's tapings featured the final build to TakeOver: Houston, which will take place at the Toyota Center on November 18th. The venue will also host Survivor Series the next night.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Yay!

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Bandit wrote:WAR GAMES IS COMING BACK~!
Wouldnt you prefer a nice game of Chess? (couldnt resist)

As for the PPV well I was shocked that the tag NiaC had more weapon useage than the main event one but both were pretty good fun to watch, though all through the main event I was thinking 'OK at which point is Shane gonna jump off the cell' probably a good call to open & close with those match's as expected from this show I have a slightly hard time remebering many details of the other match's, Orton/Rusev was alright as was Nakamura/Jindar the bulk of em are kinda a blur in my memory though as they aint what people watch it for

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I wouldn't mind seeing him vs Ospreay in New Japan.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Is Vinny Ru secretly booking Raw?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Braylene is so pretty!

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bray is definitely the Wrestlecrap MVP of 2017. The Rollins feud was okay, everything else was embarrassing.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Thing is with Bray they could give him those Jake The Snake style promos where he comes across as legit yet the stuff he's saddled with makes him Wrestlecrap worthy. The Wyatt Family as an all powerful heel group taking WWE over would have been money especially if you incorporated the "Broken" Hardyz. They did some great stuff under the PG glass ceiling before so they can't use that as an excuse. You have a Charles Manson style gimmick yet you turn him into a laughing stock. Finn cos-playing as Knuckles the Echnida isn't much better either.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, Dusty literally made the gimmick as the Manson Family when Bray was in FCW, since he has wanted to make that gimmick for decades and never could because Turner said it would scare kids. There was no supernatural shit beyond creepy videos in Dusty's vision.

I think part of it is Bray can't pull off Manson. Joe Gacy from CZW could do it.

If they want to make Bray like a horror movie, I wish Cornette was writing it. He's the only one who understood how to bring horror into wrestling (not counting The Mummy, Rick Rubin forced him to do that and he hated it.)

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

WWE fired Jimmy Jacobs for taking a picture with Bullet Club. That's ridiculous. They aren't in a wrestling war with New Japan. And nobody would even see it because who goes to his Instagram?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I guess it'll be a rehash of Mayweather/Show again. WWE should get the bleep button ready too since how Conor cuts promos isn't PG friendly. I'd rather see McGregor/Ferguson or Conor vs Nate III.