WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Bandit »

He can rewatch yesterday's Raw to help him sleep tonight.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Lawyers for Dr. Christopher Amann in closing arguments this morning have asked for in excess of $4 million in damages from defendants Phil Brooks (CM Punk) and Scott Colton (Colt Cabana).

The lawyers for Amann broke it down as $3,989,000 in damages -- as in $1 for every person who downloaded the Art of Wrestling podcast episode, plus additional punitive damages.
:olol: So do we owe a dollar to them now since we downloaded it? Or $2 since it was a two part podcast?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

-- After approximately two hours of deliberation, the jury in the Dr. Chris Amann vs. CM Punk & Colt Cabana defamation lawsuit has ruled in favor of the wrestlers, pretty much closing the book on Punk's ongoing legal issues with WWE. The jury ruled that neither man is liable for any damages against the WWE physician in his defamation suit in which the doctor was seeking damages reported to be up to $4 million.

When the decision was read, Punk and his wife - former wrestler AJ Lee - began crying, while Cabana smiled and Amann sat there indifferent.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, I expected them to win since the doctor had no proof Punk lied beyond "trust me I'm a doctor."

On a completely unrelated note my friend was telling me tonight WWE Network has a career retrospective on Godfather that debuted last night. That sounds so bad I want to watch it. He said they included the great Regal "I'm not Elton John, I'll take the hoes!" skit, but they didn't include the feud where Viscera was a rival heel pimp for a month.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Punk looks awful. And I saw a shirtless picture of him a few days ago and he's cut too much weight and he's not used to it since pro wrestlers don't cut weight and he never wrestled in high school. I don't have a good feeling about this fight.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Oh no he did another one.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I-I-I still hate Enzo's rap!

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

At best the only career he's going to have in 5 years is being a guy who gets high on coke and does shoot interviews saying outlandish shit like Jamie Dundee and Iron Sheik a decade ago.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Its not totally terrible but those generic trap beats and him swearing at the camera isn't a good look. On the plus side its better than the 1st video. He should write better lyrics, work on his flow, get a better producer and beat maker, cut out the Tupac cosplay and he'd be at least bearable.

A party type jam like with a chorus

You can't teach that would probably catch on. But WWE probably owns the rights to that.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Trying to be a thug is stupid. Everyone knows he grew up in a middle class suburb and is a college graduate. The wrestling character doing it was funny because it was made clear he was just an idiot spouting off. But now he's really acting like he's serious about being a tough guy from the streets.

Apparently he's hanging out with 50 Cent now. Maybe he will get a role on Power.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

In fairness most rappers play an exaggerated version of themselves they are essentially pro wrestlers in a way. Tupac went to the Baltimore school of the performing arts and when he first started out he was with Digital Underground. Yet most folks just know about the Thug Life Death Row era Pac. So Enzo doing the rapper thing isn't too far out of left field. He's just playing a gimmick so to speak.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, I know. But come on, this is worse than that.

Tupac still grew up dirt poor, had no contact with his father and his step father was once on the FBI Most Wanted list, had a mother addicted to crack, had been a victim of police brutality, etc. So while he certainly wasn't the tough guy he started acting like in '93, his life was as rough as it gets. Enzo is a white guy from suburban New Jersey who had an easy life until the rape allegation. And he was preppy in pictures prior to doing the wrestling gimmick.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea Pac had a rough upbringing. His mom was a Black Panther too (one of his early raps was Panther Power). But he still played a gimmick especially so when he was signed to Death Row. That's the point I was making. Enzos just extending his character into the rap realm. It doesn't really surprise me he's rapping because the braggadocio in wrestling works perfectly for rap. Its like CM Punk, hes not really a MMAfighter but I'm not begrudging him doing it. Same with Enzo he's not a rapper, but he's obviously a fan and unless he starts saying the N word I ain't got an issue with it. Will I listen to his album? Probably not but I ain't gonna hate on him. That rape thing was a messed up thing to go thru and ruined his rep. I'm assuming he was innocent so that cost him big time. Lost his job with WWE, his push etc. Had he been straight up about it he'd be back now. I think he added a spark to WWE that it needed. Had he had Big Cass height and physique he'd be "the guy" and be a big star.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

He didn't grow up with it as a gang member, but by the time he went to Death Row he had shot two police officers. That's more than 50 Cent ever did.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

MOONWALKER~!

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Maybe Corey Graves being a cunt just isn't his character

Guarantee Punk hasn't even thought about the guy in years and Graves just doesn't understand the concept of "work friends." And I don't even know if they were that since they were rarely in the same place. He wasn't an ROH regular and was an FCW/NXT wrestler when Punk was still in WWE.

:rofl:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Looks like he dug his own Graves...

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It's a bad look when he's taking a shot at the guy who may have had the greatest performance any wrestler will ever have and then Monday night be on there hyping up Nia goddamn Jax.