All Elite Wrestling Thread (It's Wednesday...you know what that means.)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: All Elite Wrestling Thread (All Out August 31st) AEDub!

Post by Bandit »

He was okay. The other guy trying to be a heel was awful. He's some DJ.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Pac will replace Moxley.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

There was a rumour going around that Fenix broke his leg but Taya's tweeted he's OK

Going back to Mox, once he heals up they can still go with him and Kenny. Dave said he picked up the infection over in Japan. I guess he can still make appearances, just not wrestle. But on the plus side, Pac v Kenny should be really good.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I wonder if they'll go with Mox and Kenny on the first TNT show or they keep it for their next PPV. Personally I would keep it for pay per view because it's too big of a match for TV at this stage. Since AEW are running the traditional PPV model they'll need to be careful in terms of not giving away too many marquee matches for free. Will be intriguing to see what direction they will go with their first show.

If Punk does come in, do you wait til TV to debut him or do you do it at All Out?. I would keep him for the first TNT show so he does the Lex bit at the end where he walks out and you've got Kenny, Hangman, Mox and Jericho in the ring. I assume once their ROH deals are up Marty and Flip are coming in. Cody said only like 40% of the roster has been revealed so far. I think it's assumed LAX will be Chris Jericho's mystery partners.

I'll spoiler this in case
Spoiler
when are Kevin Owens and Sami Zayns contracts with WWE up?. They are buddies with the Bucks and having Jericho back with KO would be cool. So that could be a surprise if they are the two mystery partners

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

He wouldn't be ready for 10/2, but I do think they'll be on TNT maybe in November. And November is one of the sweeps week months (where advertisers look at ratings to decide what they will pay) so it would be good to do it that week.

They are doing some big matches on TNT, so it looks like that's the priority for now. Especially running head to head with NXT.

And I don't know about Zayn, but Owens is signed until 2024. I don't think any WWE wrestlers are out of their deals anytime soon. Revival have another year and so do the Hardys. And WWE won't even let Lio Rush leave early, so there's no surprises.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

lol Bischoff is on their infomercial.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

New BTE~!

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Amazing to see how professional and uplifting Moxley is regarding what happened and making sure that we understand that this was something he couldn't prevent and that he's still loyal to AEW. What a credit to the business he is.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:34 am He wouldn't be ready for 10/2, but I do think they'll be on TNT maybe in November. And November is one of the sweeps week months (where advertisers look at ratings to decide what they will pay) so it would be good to do it that week.

They are doing some big matches on TNT, so it looks like that's the priority for now. Especially running head to head with NXT.

And I don't know about Zayn, but Owens is signed until 2024. I don't think any WWE wrestlers are out of their deals anytime soon. Revival have another year and so do the Hardys. And WWE won't even let Lio Rush leave early, so there's no surprises.
Thanks. If you haven't watched BTE yet I'll spoiler this in case
Spoiler
They had Taya and Johnny Impact in the latest episode. Also referenced Kota, Flip and Marty too if I heard right as possible opponents for Kenny til they put up the graphic where he's facing Pac.

Kota is exclusive to NJ now I'm assuming and is no longer freelance but would be cool if he does come in just for a short time if they work something out with New Japan. Considering a lot of their western audience are Kenny and The Elite fans it makes most logical sense for them to partner up with AEW once the ROH deal is up

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:57 pm

lol Bischoff is on their infomercial.
I believe these are the Road to DON videos that were on Cody and Brandys channel so it was before Bisch signed with WWE. I thought they dropped a ton of new videos at first til
I saw Double or Nothing in the title. They also added the Room Service vid with Nick, Matt and Hangman too on the AEW channel.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, I assumed Eric was filmed at Starrcast. But it's still funny they put him in praising them.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It looks like Alex Marvez is done or will have a limited role. The AEW TV announce team is officially Excalibur, Jim Ross and Tony Schiavone with Chris Van Vliet and Alicia Atout backstage interviewers.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

From Mondays news update on F4W/WO website
On the AEW front regarding the Tony Schiavone release by AEW earlier today Schiavone won't be working Saturday's PPV due to University of Georgia football. The broadcast team will be Jim Ross, Excalibur and Alex "Goldenboy" Mendez. Alex Marvez will be doing backstage work as part of the announcing team. The new episode of Being the Elite featured Schiavone announcing he's with AEW, the announcement of the Charlotte show, and strong interviews by Kenny Omega and Chris Jericho. The Omega interview was 100 percent Jon Moxley and not at all on Pac. It's very clear they are doing Omega vs. Moxley very soon.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I'm gonna spoiler this just in case
Spoiler
I have a hunch that Punk said he'd sign with AEW months & months ago and he was the name they brought up to TNT so they were all in with giving them prime time weekly TV. He'd be able to deliver them the ratings they are looking for and AEW have the financial resources to sign him and plus, give him a much lighter schedule and allow him to just have fun out there again without being micromanaged to the nth degree. So if Punk is coming back to wrestling, I can't really see it being anyone other than AEW because it makes the most logical sense. Signing CM Punk would be a gigantic statement of intent to show they really mean business.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, he would be in AEW if he was coming back. But it's not a guarantee. He's been gone for 5 years where wrestling has evolved greatly to its highest athletic standard ever. I don't know if he's going to want to come in after a long layoff immediately into having to work to Kenny Omega's standard. He isn't Chris Jericho who could do it because he lives and breathes pro wrestling, he hasn't even followed the product in 5 years. Which like I said so much has happened since he's been gone, it's a new business practically. I'm not saying he wouldn't be over huge, he'd certainly draw if he did return. But I just can't see him on PPV at 40 years old going 30 minutes with Omega. He's never done the crazy training Kenny does every day to have such great cardio. And he's still very well off financially doing what he wants (acting, MMA announcing, and he's trying to get on hockey shows.) But maybe he has been secretly training. Who knows.