All Elite Wrestling Thread (Full Gear Nov 9th) AEDub!

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: All Elite Wrestling Thread (All Out August 31st) AEDub!

Post by Big Boss Man » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:20 pm

He was training in MMA and cardios an important factor with that so I imagine he's still in shape. His association alone with AEW is enough for fans to tune in. They could just have him cut promos etc and wrestle once or twice a month and that would allow him to pursue his other ventures, plus the lesser schedule suits him. If he does want to come back AEW seems the most suitable place and it also allows him to be treated as a huge main event level talent. I think if you're assembling a roster to directly compete with WWE CM Punk is the guy you try to get in. For his promos alone he's money and put him up against Kenny or even MJF etc and it brings them up to another level. Plus he has a certain level of mainstream appeal which you can tap into and draw in some non wrestling fans to watch. Outside of Rocky and John Cena, CM Punk is the guy that can real put AEW on the map and with WWE in attack mode what better way for AEW to have the upper hand than putting Punk front and center.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:49 pm

His cardio wasn't good in his last UFC fight.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:11 pm

Highlights from the Cody Q&A with Tony Schiavone

-They talk about Tony coming to AEW. Conrad is Tony's agent and he told him that Bruce Prichard inquired about bringing Tony back to WWE. He reached out to AEW and Tony Khan made a big pitch over a dinner to bring him in. Schiavone says Khan's ridiculous knowledge of his career showed him how valued he'd be in AEW, so it was a no-brainer for him to join.

-Cody says his dream was to always be a wrestler but was afraid to do it at first due to having to live up to Dusty and Dustin, so he put it off to try acting but knew wrestling was the only thing he'd be happy doing.

-Cody said he was awful when he started and it was made worse due to high expectations for him. He credits Randy Orton and Bob Holly working with him to teach him. He also credits Rey Mysterio giving him credibility by asking to put him over at Wrestlemania 27.

-Cody talks about how he tried to get close to Vince but never could. Then one day thought "Why try to impress one guy when there's a whole world to impress?"

-AEW won't have blood and profanity on TNT "but we are not bound to be TV-PG" and that TNT will be giving them freedom because "wrestling can't be PG."

-Says Chris Jericho legitimized AEW since him putting his faith in AEW carried so much weight to people who know the industry.

-Dustin was only going to do the one match but it was so good Tony Khan told Dustin "You just made my company."

-They will never follow the WWE format of the 20 minute opening promo.

-Cody is angry about the reaction signing Orange Cassidy got, saying he knows for a fact he can wrestle and that he deserves an opportunity.

-Cody promises AEW are going to listen to the fans and that All Out will be their best show yet.

-They talk about breakout stars and both agreed MJF will be a big deal. Tony then says "Somebody should have slapped that little son of a bitch the day he went on Rosie."

-Cody says his hobby away from wrestling is gaming and the Halo series is his favorite. Tony says he's also a gamer and is a Switch guy but also heavy into retro stuff. (Tony needs to become a Twitch streamer!)

-Cody thinks WWE has ignored the South for a long time by only giving some good wrestling markets house shows but AEW wants to give them television tapings again.

-When asked his favorite Dusty match Cody says Dusty & Sting vs Arn & Tully from Clash of the Champions II. His favorite overall match is Hogan vs Rock from Wrestlemania 18.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:40 pm

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:52 pm

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:53 am

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:27 pm

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:22 am

MJF called Conrad "turkey tits." :olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:27 am

:olol:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:23 am

Rumors are mentioned of his FS1 studio co-hosting gig, or when is he coming back. Punk says it's flattering and he'd rather fans ask when he's coming back and not when he's going away. Punk says he's not going to be anywhere in regards to WWE, AEW, or tonight's All Out. Punk says he'll be hanging with his wife tonight, hasn't seen her in a week.

When asked what he misses about wrestling, he says he doesn't miss a single thing but is proud of his career.
And then they start talking about his acting. People must be pissed in the first 5 minutes he's all "For the last time I am not coming back. Stop asking." and everything else is boring or stuff he already said on the Colt podcast. The only new thing is him talking about how much time Seth and Becky get off compared to the stars when he was there.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:09 am

I actually wonder whether he's working and he's like no I won't be there :wink: when All Out's in Chicago. I think a lot of fans will be disappointed if he doesn't show, but it seems likely they'll be a surprise of some kind. They had Mox last time which was a big deal so it'll be tough to top that. But I think if CM Punk is debuting with AEW, that pop will go through the roof.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:12 am

Bandit wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:27 pm
This wasn't on TV to my knowledge unless it aired as a preview for ITV Box Office but ITV1 or ITV4 didn't show it, or they did and I missed it :olol:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:32 am

Big Boss Man wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:09 am
I actually wonder whether he's working and he's like no I won't be there :wink: when All Out's in Chicago. I think a lot of fans will be disappointed if he doesn't show, but it seems likely they'll be a surprise of some kind. They had Mox last time which was a big deal so it'll be tough to top that. But I think if CM Punk is debuting with AEW, that pop will go through the roof.
He could be. But I don't think it would be tonight because it's too obvious since everyone knows he was just at Starrcast. But I really think he's always sounded sincere that he wants to move on. Unless he's a better actor than given credit for. He doesn't sound like Flair in 2008 who was dying to return already, or doesn't need the need the money because he lives a lavish lifestyle like Batista. He's financially set as long as he gets a few side gigs, and he isn't living in a mansion with Lamborghinis to pay for like Big Dave.

But tonight as soon as the main event ends everyone will be looking for him to come out to face off with Jericho. Hide him in a limo in West Virginia until the end of that TNT show if you really want a surprise.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:36 am

Big Boss Man wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:12 am
Bandit wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:27 pm
This wasn't on TV to my knowledge unless it aired as a preview for ITV Box Office but ITV1 or ITV4 didn't show it, or they did and I missed it :olol:
It was only on TNT last night, it might be on today on ITV.

It looks like AEW will have some decent advertisers too. Mitsubishi, Xbox, Capital One and lots of ads for Zendaya's perfume for some reason. So since the TNT deal is for AEW to get ad money that's a good sign. Those ads are better than WWE getting Sonic's fast food and anti-smoking PSAs.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:25 am

Whoever told Britt Baker to start doing spots where she tries to pull out someone's teeth needs a raise. Great psychology. Isaac Yankem would have gotten over if he did that.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:10 am

Damn, they made up for the Moxley absence. That Pac match was 5 stars or close to it.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:14 am

Darby Allin legitimately wants to die. Even Ibushi would be hesitant about taking a damn Emerald Frosion on the apron. Ugh.

But it's awesome Cracker Barrel is choosing to be associated with this insanity. Do they get in the headline if Darby does die tonight?

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:28 am

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:04 pm

That's a lot of scalp you can see on Jericho these days.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: All Elite Wrestling Thread (Full Gear Nov 9th) AEDub!

Post by Big Boss Man » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:56 pm

Tony said Kylie Rae requested her release and it was accepted. Apparently she has to retire due to medical reasons which really sucks but health has to take priority here and I hope she has a speedy recovery.