MMA Thread (UFC/Bellator et al)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: MMA Thread (UFC/Bellator et al)

Post by Bandit »

Prophet][ wrote:did they get a close up of his suit for good measure?
No. But Washington Post did.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

That was way better than yesterday. It was like the ECW Arena 20 years ago with those fan chants.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

This whole "Conor is racist" shit is so annoying.

1) "Boy" doesn't mean slavery terms in Ireland so he didn't know. It's a sign of disrespect obviously, but not in a racist way in Europe.

2) They don't seem to know dance is a boxing term. He wasn't literally asking him to dance, he was saying "avoid me in the ring." So they're getting mad about basically saying "I challenge you not to get punched, punk." He could have said that, but not knowing you shouldn't call a black man "boy" in America thought "dance for me boy" was a better soundbyte.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

:lol:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Dave is on fire.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Well, Conor bombed, but his coach didn't talking about Floyd's bodyguards

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

GSP was a guest on Michael Bisping's podcast. Also Bisping goes off on Chris Weidman.

"I pray you don't have brain damage. But if you do, go fuck yourself." :rofl:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

"I may not have a six pack...but my dick works. My dick does work." :rofl2:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Cormier probably killed his career crying like that. That's some Ronda Rousey shit.

I couldn't believe how bad Maia/Woodley was. Both guys are exciting fighters so I was really looking forward to it. Good for Woodley for not being able to be taken down, but he easily could have finished it standing and he didn't even try.

Prophet][
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Prophet][ »

It was funny watching Dana argue with DC while Bruce was calling the results. You could see the camera man was trying to get it out of shot.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I don't see how he comes back from this. If you act like that big of a bitch you were mentally broken. He cried back in the locker room the last time Jones beat him, but on camera? That gif is going to be the new Crying Michael Jordan.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I knew it.

Poor Daniel. I hope Bisping is ready to double his UFC Tonight schedule, because Cormier isn't coming back on that for a while.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Prophet][ wrote:It was funny watching Dana argue with DC while Bruce was calling the results. You could see the camera man was trying to get it out of shot.
Dana said he was yelling at him for shoving John McCarthy. He told Dana he was angry at Big John because he stopped the fight early. He must have blacked out because the last thing that stoppage was was early.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

DC was concussed, he said in the post fight interview he didn't know what had gone on. I don't think he'd cried cause Bones beat him. Maybe he got shook up when he got concussed. Also when you're at the top and knocked off your pedestal it's emotional. It's only a human emotion to cry. I think he also cried at Jones speech about him. If someone says they hate you and such then do a 180 and put you over and praise you that's like a emotional trigger too. I like DC and him crying doesn't make him a bitch. If he just walked out and flipped the bird at Jon to me that's real bitch ass behaviour. Takes a real man to cry and Daniels only human. Those aspects of sport with real emotion is what makes it mean more. Plus I'm sure DC will come back strong. I don't think baby face Bones will last either.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

He cried on Cain Velasquez's shoulder the last time Jones beat him and cried when he lost in the Olympics. The concussion was why he acted the way he did to McCarthy (and he apologized backstage to him), but he has a history of crying. People get concussions all of the time and don't cry. But he would have held it in until he got back to his locker room if Joe Rogan didn't force an interview on him (which he also apologized for.)

I don't mean to shit on him, I'm a fan of his. And who knows how anybody would react having a guy they despise beat the shit out of them knowing millions of people were watching around the world. I blame Rogan in the situation more than him.

And it wouldn't shock me if Cormier retired. He's 38, there's no reason to fight contenders because he'll never beat Jones, he's too short to move to Heavyweight, he has no dream matches because he's too big for GSP, Bisping, or Nick or Nate Diaz and way too small for Brock.

Like Meltzer said, he's like Joe Frazier. At any other time in history he'd be the best of his generation. But Jones is his Muhammad Ali once in a lifetime opponent.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Joe in his defence apologised and said he felt bad about it. I think it was more a outpouring of emotion. Some folks are just emotional and maybe DC falls into that category. I felt bad for him when Bones beat him and him breaking down in the interview. I'd say they should have let him say a few words at the press conference instead so he could have composed himself. DCs a likeable guy and if he retires he'd be a great addition to the commentary team. I like Joe but I'd faze him out now for a Jon Anik, Dom Cruz and DC team. Daniel has released a statement here

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Floyd is doing wimpy yoga with aroma candles. He should have called DDP.