The Wrestling Picture Thread

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: The Wrestling Picture Thread

Post by Bandit »

And that tune would be a Motorhead song.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

My favorite picture of 2018 so far. Kurt looks like a guy waiting for the bus about to get robbed.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

:olol:

6 stars.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

:rofl2:

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

That's a pretty star studded picture: Bayley, Charlotte, Corbin, Juice Robinson, Balor, Zayn and Owens among others.

I have no idea why they kept the Vaudvillains but cut Juice Robinson. A decision that gets dumber every month as he continues to improve and be over huge on New Japan shows. I guess he should have grown ironic facial hair.

And it's funny how Billy Gunn looks huge compared to every one else but never looked like a particularly tall guy in the 90s. If he was a younger wrestler today Vince would definitely have him main eventing.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit wrote:Image

My favorite picture of 2018 so far. Kurt looks like a guy waiting for the bus about to get robbed.
I stand corrected, this is the best picture of 2018.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I remember seeing a 1995 wrestling magazine interview with Flair where he said he expected those 4 to be on top of WCW in 2000. 3 were gone by 1996. But it's interesting to wonder what they would have done in WCW as main eventers.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea, but with Hulk being in WCW then it automatically puts a glass ceiling above the guys since they were seen as midcarders or upper mid at best. It took Stone cold to go to ECW and show his personality which got him over and ultimately get a WWF deal. In WCW he was saddled with Col Parker and they broke up the Blondes too. The whole landscape would be super different had Austin not gone to the WWF. They'd arguably be no Attitude Era since Austin v McMahon was the catalyst which set it on fire. They might even have stayed TV-PG since they'd be no need to switch to TV-14 as they'd be no Stone cold, he'd no doubt be lost in the midcard jobbed out to Hogan and friends.

No question Brian would have been a star as the Loose Cannon. Flyin Brian though was a pioneer for the cruiserweight but the gimmick itself wasn't a big draw to my knowledge. But even in WCW he was the Loose Cannon there and he legit worked Bischoff to release him. But again the Hulk imposed glass ceiling means Brian would be midcard. Can you see him putting Brian Pillman over? Nope not happening.

Alex Wright did stick around but he never really broke out to be a star. He wasn't a bad worker but his Techno gimmick isn't bringing in new fans. Berlin had potential but he's not breaking the glass ceiling either. I'm surprised he put Goldberg over since the Sting title change was so begrudged.

Johnny B Badd again had to go to the WWF to get props. His gimmick in WCW meant he'd never break out the midcard. I'm surprised WCW ran with the Little Richard flamboyant type gimmick since I'm sure you had a small minded section of fans who disliked him for the character. By 2000 he'd have been more accepted but even then pro wrestling and implied gay or legit gay characters generate negative heat sadly. So yea Naitch was right about Austin but he had to go to the WWF to be a star. Johnny did get over but again had to go to the WWF and change his gimmick and had Sable as his manager. Brian would have been gold in the Attitude Era but again he didn't break the main event glass ceiling his last feud was with Goldust. The ECW loose cannon would have been better since there was a sinisterness to it. WWF Brian was more restrained in a way and more cartoony.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I am assuming the feeling Ric had was that Hogan and himself would be retired or at least only coming in on special occasions by 2000. I don't think anybody thought they'd be in a world title feud that year. Because Bruno and Jack Brisco stepped aside for them, so they thought they would too.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Now we know what John and Nikki's daughter will look like.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Happy 3:16

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Speaking of COLD STONE~! Some ECDub photos here https://www.instagram.com/toofastforblood/ featuring the STEVESTER brother!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Hogan with 4 year old Roman Reigns. It really puts into perspective how huge Hogan's arms were.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yep, he looked even more bloated in the early to mid 80s. He must have cycled off or used less when he came back to wrestling after Thunder in Paradise.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »