TNA/Impact Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: TNA/GFW/Impact Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea they would be really good potential additions. Starr I think would be more likely to be NXT bound but maybe Impact can sign him.first. Gacy could feud with Sami and oVe. Jimmy Lloyd has a Terry Gordy type vibe about him too to look at so maybe you could revamp him as like a hybrid Gordy/Foley.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I don't think he has the bad ass aura Gordy had yet. They do have in common they started very young and were good pretty quick. But given his babyface (not the wrestling term) he can't be sold as a killer yet. He's the guy next door who fights against the odds and shocks you by being able to absorb an absurd amount of punishment bleeding buckets and being thrown off stuff through tables, glass and barbed wire, but still finding a way to win. He could get over to a teenage audience because he still looks like he's 15.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

An Abyss Jr type gimmick might work for him. Another Park cousin but who does crazy and crazier stuff to impress Abyss would be a fun storyline.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

She's also going to take credit for Billy Corgan getting the original Smashing Pumpkins line up back together and being produced by Rick Rubin.

chrislatimer16
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by chrislatimer16 »

I only watch tna for allie and rosemary the company is a mess matthews is horrible on commentary and one last complaint that barbed wire match was ridiculous that spot with the things digging in the guys head was gross

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Rosemary from Impact was injured last night in a match with Jessicka Havok on an AAW show in LaSalle, IL. They were about 3:00 into the match when she was injured, and went right to the finish. Rosemary kicked Havok, and got hurt and rolled out of the ring. They could tell she was hurt, she immediately took a tombstone piledriver and the match ended. Havok broke character and helped her to the back. She couldn't put any weight on her right leg.

chrislatimer16
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by chrislatimer16 »

FUCK

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They're about to have their version of Wrestlemania 3.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

-- Alberto El Patron has been fired by Impact Wrestling, the promotion issued the following statement:

IMPACT Wrestling announced today that it has terminated its agreement with Alberto El Patron, effective immediately.

According to previous reports, Alberto no-showed this weekend’s Impact Wrestling vs Lucha Underground event, which has led to speculation about his status with the company. It was said that Alberto might have informed Impact management that he was sick, but others said he no-showed the event, and he was involved in the Impact press conference that took place earlier in the afternoon.

Earlier today, PWInsider.com also reported Alberto did not make his scheduled appearance for Impact at Wrestlecon in New Orleans.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Well, I predicted he'd only last one TV taping, so he beat my expectations.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

So no Impact is scheduled on 5Spike after April 13th. Is it going to be on hiatus or have they lost the UK TV deal?

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I don't see anything about it being canceled.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Thanks. Me neither, they have been messing around with the schedule. I missed the March one night only because of that. But no Impact scheduled for the 20th on 5spike and there's no TBA, has other programming in its place. Because Xplosion ratings were bad they switched it to their website so maybe they've done the same.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It seems they signed the original deal in April last year so it is possible they're not re-signing them. But I don't see anything either way.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Thanks, yea there's no announcement or anything which is weird. Challenge TV used to show it for years but the ratings declined in the end so they dropped them. I'm assuming 5Spike might be doing the same as ratings have been bad. What's also weird is they have a UK tour in the Fall/ Autumn so no TV deal wouldn't make much sense.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Poppa Shoney's

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They need to make half of the show just Steiner and Konnan cutting promos on each other.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

In theory Sami v Davey should be the hottest angle in wrestling right now. He broke his orbital bone and they could have sold it like when Model "blinded" Jake. Because it looked bad they could have pulled it off as being legit too. Imagine if it happened in ECW in its heyday would have been memorable to this day.