TNA/Impact Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: TNA/GFW/Impact Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Big Boss Man »

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Don Callis and Scott D'Amore are running things at Impact now. Maybe they can take Josh out of the booth and bring back Mike Tenay and Don West together too.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Tenay says he's done with wrestling for good now and does a gambling podcast. Jarrett did ask him to come back when he ran Impact again briefly and he turned it down. Don might not want to go back without Mike.

I think Mike would have come back to a company without the constant turmoil. But he's in his 60s so he doesn't want the drama and wondering if the company is going to stay in business anymore. He had 16 years of it from when WCW was dying to TNA only being secure a few years out of the 14 he worked there.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yep that's true, although I thought Mike was underrated as an announcer. He didn't rely on cliches and such & was a genuine fan of wrestling so he seemed to be in his element calling matches. Is Mauro still under a WWE contract? If they are in rebuild 20.0 or whatever it is now I'd put a solid announce team together. JB is OK but I think he'd be better focusing on creative. You can see he was instrumental in the Hardy stuff with the things he was doing with Joseph Park. Maybe they could bring in Joey Styles and have him announce with Don West.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, Mauro is on NXT as he signed a new deal under the condition he only deals with HHH and not Vince (who Meltzer said was more of an issue for him than JBL since he only got into it with JBL twice but Vince was giving him anxiety every week, but HHH is easier to deal with.) But he wouldn't go to Impact anyway since he's not doing this for money it was just always his dream to call WWE matches. He'd probably go back to NJPW but they don't have a spot on NJW or the AXS show he used to do (and was better than JR IMO.)

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

hate that the barbed wire match is gonna be online only, even over here where, Challenge never censored things for us in fact they gave us EC3/Spud uncensored but America had bits in black & white Kill Bill style. But it seems Spike dont realise their viewers can handle the match, yeah it'll be online but its a pain in the arse to have to do it that way really

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They're lying, they did this as part of their deal with Twitch to create hype for it in the US. Barbed wire matches have been shown on cable since the early 80s, it's no big deal. I'm sure it will be bloody since OVE and Callihan did crazy shit in CZW so it's no big deal to them. But the idea that this is going to set new standards for violence is all hype.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Impact is on later tonight I think from 10 til 12pm now so we might get to see it. In theory if its after the 9pm watershed they would be allowed to show it.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

There was hardly any blood in it. The only spot they've never done on US television was the skewers in the head spot Masada always does in his matches. Abyss vs Sabu was far bloodier in TNA.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

dear god what a let down, the regular bit of the show had more entertainment than the barb wire match, hell even last year (I think it was) they had a Monsters Ball on the rugular show with more violence & blood. Also for a match streamed online why was it so tame? why did they say it was going to be uninteruped then put a break in it? (the one I watched clearly had an add break sized gad in the action), they've lost their way a bit I think

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Haven't watched the recording yet from yesterday so I take it the match wasn't part of the normal show?. Yea for a barb wire match there should be brutality, especially when it's a feud like oVe vs LAX.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I think just US Impacts cut it.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

OK thanks will check it out later.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Cut on the UK broadcast too despite being build up the entire show. Only lasted 1hr 12mins or so for the full broadcast and about 10-15 mins of wrestling.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Thanks I'll check that out. Should have been on the main broadcast.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

this weeks imoact made me laugh, they talked about the "brutal" barbed wire match & violent et... it was than straigt after showed part of a cage match with AMW where every wrestler was bleeding heavily & the ring had lots of large dark spots where the blood had dried, well the comparison made me laugh my arse off anyway

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

JB leaving Impact could be a game changer for them. He stuck around for the longest time and when one of the loyalest employees leaves its not a good state of affairs. Seems WWE are just picking off talent now and Anthem should sign their best talent to long term deals otherwise they won't have much of a roster left by the end of the year.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It's surreal to me Impact is becoming CZW without the blood since they've got so many of their regular wrestlers now. They need to get David Starr because he's the modern Kurt Angle and it's crazy that he is that good at 25. And they'll probably bring Jimmy Lloyd in since he reminds me of a young Mick Foley without the promo ability. But he's an everyman underdog who'll do all kinds of crazy shit and the fans love him. And Don Callis writing for the Joe Gacy character could be great.