TNA/Impact Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: TNA/GFW/Impact Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, but the problem is there's very little crowd heat for Impact in general. It's just an a show you watch and say "yeah, that was okay."

Like they wrestled at the Wrestlemania Weekend show and the crowd just wanted to chant old NXT references to Calihan instead of wanting him to get his ass kicked. They tried hard and had a good match, but the crowd is a killer.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea that's the issue, the crowds are flat, at least give them signs to boo or cheer if it's studio wrestling. Fake heat but nonetheless better than like working to near silence. Forgot Sami was in NXT.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dave Meltzer said Impact isn't cancelled but pulled until a new deal is signed, but is expected to be signed.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

OK thanks. Will have to keep an eye out to see if and when a new deal is signed. Redemption coming up on the weekend so I'd imagine they would want to sign a new deal asap. Wouldn't be surprised if they go back to Challenge TV.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Thanks for the update. It's just for Impact now and the One Night Onlys & PPVs will be just on their app.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

That sell job was awful. Scott should have potatoed him for that.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

True. It needed less of the goofy HBK style overselling.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

redemption was a pretty fun show, my memory is its usual broke self on specifics but every match (or if not every then most) seemed to mange to outdo the wwe at least a little. Stiener was his usual great self which is always fun to see as he seems to just not care how others react to him, not giving a toss really frees him up. House of Harcore was another great one & again I couldnt see the other place doing it, not a great chant at Eddie at the end though, fun match but maybe the writers were on drugs for the post match hit?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Celebrate IMPACT Wrestling's 16th anniversary and 1.5 million subscribers by watching the very first Slammiversary in its entirety!

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

watched the latest ono last night, small as hell venue but an OK show. The knockouts match with Madison Rayne saw Josh have to utter the unexpected line saying there was a fourth wall break as her opponent shouted at him that she was gonna put his wife in a wheelchair (or crutches or sometinhg cant recall exactly) bith comentaters had to scramble to get back on track which wound up with Josh being insulted by the other guy who said he didnt think he'd even been on a date, why is it that even when a wrestlers coments screw the flow up a bit its still better than most of what wwe do with all their writers?

Probably the other big fun match & moment came from the Eddie Edwards match, I had to laugh when after taking a fans pringles & smashing the pack in his opponents gace random members of the crowd kept bringing him things to smash into Trevor Lee's face, started to wonder where or if it would end but by the time it finished I was just lauching a lot & enjoying the sheer ridiculousnes of it

Austin Aries v Rich Swann kinda surpised me as until he appeared for the match I hadnt realised he'd left wwe, either his matchs so far aint been on the aired ones yet or I forgot them but the wiki says they were in the june 1 & 2 tapings so not sure which it is

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Are you watching it online? As I don't think 5Spike shows the One Night Onlys anymore.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

managed to grab it in a short window when a certain site was up for a few minutes earlier in the week, its probably on a fair few others by now

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Hawq wrote:managed to grab it in a short window when a certain site was up for a few minutes earlier in the week, its probably on a fair few others by now
OK cheers. Used to watch them on 5spike, shame they stopped showing them on TV

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

nice to see they didnt thump the flag & go "murrica yeah!" even though the show was taped in canada to fit in with wednesday in the Rebel vs. Katarina match, I imagine the wwe would have made em wear sterotyed clothing & had Rebel win easily had the match been one of theirs