Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: TNA Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Well shit. Now the best gimmick in wrestling gets to be ruined by dumb ass WWE writers. :(

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Reby Sky isn't happy.
UNREAL WITH THE LITTLE BITCH SHIT. U N R E A L . Why try to do things the right way when you get bs & drama in return? Matt is a nice guy. I’LL keep the shits “hostage”. Fuck outta here. If mfers don’t start coming correct, I’m bout to melt some gold & have me some new gold hoops. Sigue y vas a ver. I’ve said it many times TNA was the perfect situation for our family & how grateful I was for professionalism/open communication/respect…now think about what kinda negative changes & straight fuckery would have to go down for us to leave.
I hear company folks are pressed & wanna try & paint me in a negative light after today. Should I help em out & clarify a few things ? SURPRISE ! Yes, I am a HUGE BITCH if you disrespect me or my family. Are you surprised ? Oh, no ? Okay, can we move on now ?

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Reby Sky isn't happy.
Yeah, she knows WWE would never want to hire her because she has nuclear heat. And if they did she'd be in wrestler's court in about 5 minutes.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

True, although with her being pregnant she probably wouldn't have been doing a lot with TNA anyway.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Senor Benjamin should replace Foley. They'll get back the Hispanic audience that left with Rey.

He'd get pops louder than Austin.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

-- It looks as though two more notable talents have parted ways with Impact Wrestling.

Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis decided not to re-sign with the company, according to a report by PWInsider.com.

Both Bennett and Kanellis haven't been under contract with TNA since late 2016, as they had been working on per-appearance deals. The two reportedly agreed to terms on new contracts at one point, however they ultimately opted not to sign.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

That's odd since WWE doesn't want them since Nikki hates Maria. Maybe they're banking on Nikki retiring soon.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The WWE Instagram wished Maria a happy birthday the other day. She's in!

It looks like Jade/Mia Yim is gone from TNA as well.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

We don't get TNA here now so who's left? EC3, Lashley?. I doubt Mikey and Maria will turn up in WWE, unless it's NXT and Bennett is just CM Punk lite. So I assume they'll be back in ROH and working NJPW as new Bullet Club members.

Matt vs Bray with the full Hardyz wackiness would be super fun. But I think they'll have him be Mattitude 2.0 or whatever like he was before. Drew Galloway works ICW so they might get him back on a fuller schedule. WWE should have their own UK fed and have Grado, Drew, Finn et al work there.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I wouldn't be shocked if Vince does what he did to The Dudleys and tells them to act like it's 2000 again.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

-- According to Pro Wrestling Sheet, Bruce Prichard will be making his return to Impact Wrestling this week, in both an on-air and backstage role.

Prichard will be be flying to Orlando for this week’s TV tapings to appear in an on-air role, as well as work in an advisory position behind the scenes.

As of this writing, it remains unclear what Bruce’s on-air role will be at this point, but the huge numbers his podcast has been receiving lately is a big reason why TNA has decided to bring him back.

As noted, this week has seen Impact Wrestling lose Drew Galloway, Matt and Jeff Hardy, Mike Bennett, Maria Kanellis and Jade.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Well that pay to watch didnt last long, bet anyone shelling out is gonna be really pissed off

IMPACT Wrestling Announces New UK TV Deal with Spike UK

TORONTO | LONDON – Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp. announced today a new broadcast deal for IMPACT Wrestling to be televised exclusively on Spike UK, making its flagship weekly show available throughout the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.

From Spring 2017, IMPACT Wrestling, TNA pay-per-views, including One Night Only specials will be available on Spike UK, and TNA Xplosion exclusive to My5, which is part of the Channel 5 stable available on Sky TV (160), Freeview (31), Freesat (141), Virgin Media (154) and other DTT platforms.

New episodes of IMPACT Wrestling will premiere on Friday nights, quenching the appetite of U.K. fans to view IMPACT Wrestling within hours of the US premiere broadcast.

“Since our acquisition of IMPACT Wrestling, growing the brand in the UK has been one of our most important initiatives,” said Ed Nordholm, president of IMPACT Wrestling. “We are thrilled to be partnering with Spike UK to fill this important spot in their programme schedule and look forward to rebuilding our presence in the UK market. As one of the hottest wrestling scenes in the world right now, we look forward to taking an active role in the market, both on television and with live events.”

Anna-Belen Dunlop and Kris Graham, Acquisitions and Channel Managers of Spike UK, added: “We are excited that Spike will be the new exclusive home of IMPACT Wrestling in the UK With Anthem’s new leadership and founder Jeff Jarrett back, this is a watershed moment for the franchise, which is a perfect fit for our Spike audience.”

For more information, please visit www.impactwrestling.com/ and www.spiketv.co.uk
source

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

but the huge numbers his podcast has been receiving lately is a big reason why TNA has decided to bring him back
I don't have anything against Bruce and like his show. But why not hire Colt Cabana if this is your reasoning? His show is bigger and he goes on non wrestling podcasts where he could promote you. And most importantly his fans are proven to support him, whereas Bruce just has people who like his stories.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Over Under on how many tapings he lasts?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

3 tapings, which is about 5 years worth of shows.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Well at least Impact is back on UK TV. Spike is a free to air channel on Freeview and on Freesat, Sky, Virgin so it's not on a pay network like Sky Sports. Plus it's more suited there as Challenge just shows old game shows. Losing the Hardyz is a shame though. I think the UK are getting the PPVs too.