Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: TNA/GFW/Impact Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Interesting, I imagine their deal with 5spike is over now then. FightNetwork are apparently showing MMA, kickboxing, other wrestling promotions and Wrestling at the Chase so that's cool.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

The network is apparently trying to sign up any wrestling they can get. So they did have a recently renewed deal with Spike, but this network bought it out because they want to have wrestling on every night (besides WWE who are probably locked in to their network.) They may be looking to bring the New Japan weekly show to there too.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

OK cool thanks. I'd definitely check out New Japan if it's on there. Plus Wrestling st the Chase as I've read/heard a lot about it from Larry Matysiks books and interviews he has done. There was that 57 Gold website which had like him breaking down the years he was there which were interesting. I believe they are all no longer available though. I'm assuming it's broadcasts of the 11 or 12 volume DVD set they put out. If it's the old weekly shows that would even better. But from what I saw looking about it seems it's focusing on different wrestlers each week, like the Von Erichs etc.

ITV have World of Sport on Saturday night TV from I believe July 25th so

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: TNA/Impact Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I haven't seen Impact in forever, but I can't believe they're doing an angle where they want you to think this man

was capable of having a relationship with this woman

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Well,Tommy is married to Beulah and its more implied she's having a fling with Tommy. Eddie got like all messed up psychologically by Sami. Speaking of him he's my favorite heel across the board right now including WWE etc. He would have been a big draw back in the day. Like an amalgamation of Loose Cannon Brian Pillman and Raven.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Once again TNA/GFW put on a far superior show to the WWE, while it had its lesser matches as all PPV's (& regular shows for that matter) do it was overall one that blew the competition away which was made even funnier as the last WWE show was the so called 'Extreme Rules'

The opening 4 way was a pretty solid start, cant complain
Eddie Edwards v Tommy Dreamer: decent enough but was way tamer than I was expecting with Eddie having gone storyline nuts lately, it was still fun & more extreme than the competition dare to do though, did love the moment a fans replica ECW belt got used as a weapen
The 2 knockouts matches were OK but nothing really special
Brian Cage v Matt Sydal: Another solid match that was fun t watch & still amzing to see someone so bit move that way at times
LAX v The OGz: well heres where it really started to ramp up, 20 minutes of nice violent with plenty of tables & other toys, I had a very big smile on my face after this one
Pentagon Jr. v Sami Callihan: And heres the other one that put a massize smile on my face with nearly 20 solid minutes (plus a few more as while Sami tried to run away) of bloody (litterally) violence of the sort that would five Vince a heart attack if his lot tried it including but not just limited to this rather amusing moment with a railroad spikes

at one point they each had a spike & were smacking each other in the head with them wcich was good
the only problem was that there was no way the Moose v Aries match that followed could live up to it

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Now Spike is saying they're keeping the original times they showed Impact and Fight UK is only going to have Saturday and Sunday replays of it.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit wrote:Now Spike is saying they're keeping the original times they showed Impact and Fight UK is only going to have Saturday and Sunday replays of it.
Yea last nights show was the go home show for Slammiversary. Spike signed that new deal so I understand them wanting to get the "exclusive" airing first. Note on FightUK it broadcasts only from 9pm til 1am, sometimes til 3am. No Wrestling at the Chase listed for next week yet, seems they are showing more MMA.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I finally watched Slammiversary and thought it was great. It was better than any WWE show this year besides the NXT Takeover shows.

Bob
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by Bob »

Am I alone in thinking that Spike looks like someone who has crashed the party rather than an actual wrestler?

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Blurb from the latest Observer
A piece of trivia regarding however this ends up going down in the future. The reason Don Callis was brought in to run the company is because Leonard Asper of the Asper family, which owns The Fight Network, Impact and tons of things in Winnipeg (the old Winnipeg connection) had a conversation with Chris Jericho about how the company has lost so much money and all of its problems. Jericho told him that Impact had been run by snakes and that those type of people are only going to rip him off. He went so far as to say that he should hire Callis to run the company or fold the company.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

well it didnt have the blood of the recent matches but the Callihan/Pantagon match was once again far beyond what the competition ever manages these days even at their so called 'extreme rules' show, very fun to watch

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

well the show on twitch was bloody good, first hour was missed as twitch is shit on the PS4 & kept buffering & having ads ever 4 or 5 minutes, then came upstairs to watch on my PC & it worked great. Having missed a few matches I cant speak to the quality of course but the ones I did see were good & the double main event was great.
First match of it was good but the Jimmy Havoc v Sami Callihan was bloody brilliant, helped along by a video on FB earlier in the day where Sami went to B&Q for some tools for the match, didnt take note of the lengh but a good 20 minutes at least I think, staple bits of mags to the body & head? check, barbed wire bat? check, wrapping the wire round the hand? check, repeatedly being slammed unto a chair covered in thunb tacks? of triple check to the point Vince would have a heart attack if his guys tried it.
Now I just gotta wait to see if I can find that first hour I missed

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Impact Wrestling officials Ed Nordholm and Scott D'Amore met with several high ranking WWE executives last week at WWE HQ in Stamford, CT, PWInsider.com has confirmed with several WWE sources. Vince McMahon was not involved in the meeting we are told, but members of Triple H's team were in attendance.

The meeting between the two companies took place in the middle of last week, after Impact officials had returned from Manchester, Great Britain and right before they headed down to Mexico City for a pair of Impact Wrestling tapings.

One WWE source described the meeting as a general discussion about the two companies and as a chance to get everyone in the same room as opposed to a a specific negotiation. Since Impact was purchased by Anthem Media, WWE has worked with the company on several occasions, paying to license material from the TNA/Impact Wrestling video library for usage on the WWE Network, most notably the Hardy Boyz "Broken Universe" material and AJ Styles-related content.

When contacted today by PWInsider.com, Impact officials declined to comment on the nature of the meetings. One Impact source specifically stressed that the meetings were not regarding the sale of either Impact Wrestling as a company or it's video library, stating neither are for sale.