Dino Bravo X Bossman [Side Suplex/Slam]

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Matisfaction
Global Mod

Dino Bravo X Bossman [Side Suplex/Slam]

Post by Matisfaction »

Always loved this move. It looked a bit crap, even back then but I've been hit with a side suplex a few times and it totally knocks the wind out of you.

I can't get no...

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Dino Bravo [Side Suplex]

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The move was so powerful that it killed both of them not long after it was done.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:The move was so powerful that it killed both of them not long after it was done.
:olol:

And remember when someone renamed it the Sidewalk Slam (might have been Nash) and then Tony Schiavone started calling moves that didn't remotely look like that a sidewalk slam.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Sidewalk slam is essentially the same move, Big Kev used it in WCW. Also in hindsight I wonder why they booked Dino so high up the card at one point. He was always all over the cards back in the day and even had a run at the top with Hogan and Warrior. Maybe because he was French Canadian he was buddies with Pat Patterson and he pushed Vince to book him?

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:The move was so powerful that it killed both of them not long after it was done.
WWE should ban it, it's the new Piledriver!
Bandit wrote:And remember when someone renamed it the Sidewalk Slam (might have been Nash) and then Tony Schiavone started calling moves that didn't remotely look like that a sidewalk slam.
I always thought Sidewalk Slam = Boss Man Slam? Isn't it just called Side Slam now, they dropped the Sidewalk bit?
I can't get no...

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

No, the Bossman Slam was different.

And yes, they dropped the Sidewalk. I think that was just a Kevin Nash thing Schiavone thought was cool. I can't remember it called that until Diesel.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I always thought Sidewalk Slam = Boss Man Slam? Isn't it just called Side Slam now, they dropped the Sidewalk bit?
Well, Big Daddy V/Viscera/Mabel has done the move and it's being called Side Walk Slam on YT. IIRC BBM's move is called that on the No Mercy game.

Big Boss Man's version was a bit different since it was more momentum based, ie when somebody hit the ropes he did the move then.

It's also been called the Scrapbuster slam too.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

I was thinking more oldschool Bossman, before he added the swingy bit.

I can't get no...

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Ah, Bossman and Pez Whatley is another sad clip. Both great guys who died way too young.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Bossman's debut was against Louis Spicolli

I can't get no...