The Humble Bundle Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Skynet
Site Admin

Re: The Humble Bundle Thread

Post by Skynet » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:12 am

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:Vice City is missing a few songs, Michael Jackson's being the main ones, but there's still lots of great tracks in it.
And you can add custom music anyway, so it's not a big deal.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:15 pm

The Humble Capcom X SEGA PlayStation Bundle

Plenty of games down at the ‘Station. Capcom and SEGA are back with a sweet bundle of PS3, PS4, and PlayStation Vita games! Get titles like Mega Man Legacy Collection, Alien: Isolation, and Dead Rising 2 HD. Plus, your purchase can support three charities: Save the Children US, the American Red Cross, and the Rett Syndrome Research Trust.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/capcom-sega-psn

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:08 pm

There’s a Sonic the Hedgehog Humble Bundle that I want to buy just for Sonic Forces and Mania. Does anyone want any of the other Sonic games in the Bundle? I already own all the rest.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:08 am

melancholy wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:08 pm
There’s a Sonic the Hedgehog Humble Bundle that I want to buy just for Sonic Forces and Mania. Does anyone want any of the other Sonic games in the Bundle? I already own all the rest.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:11 am

Even at $1 or whatever beat the average is, the sonic games will disappoint :olol:
The English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valleygirl, inner-city slang and various grunts. Joe was able to understand them, but when he spoke in an ordinary voice he sounded pompous and faggy to them.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:58 pm

Am I the only one who thinks that Sonic CD is overrated?

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:46 pm

Matisfaction wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:58 pm
Nope. I’ve tried many times to play that game but just can’t stand the time mechanic.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:47 pm

Matisfaction wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:58 pm
I never got what the fuss was all about but I never played it when it came out. :dontknow"

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:57 pm

I haven't played it much, it didn't seem anything special. People mainly seem into the intro music.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:12 am

One thing about Sonic CD, MJ should have worked on the soundtrack for that game instead of Sonic 3. Since the story goes he wasn't happy with how the songs sounded due to the limitations of cartridge.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news ... sic-theory

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 35121.html

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:56 am

It's fun to consider that Sonic 2 and Sonic CD were developed at the same time and were essentially two takes on how to build upon Sonic 1.

Sonic CD was too focused on the hardcore community with its difficulty. It was a pretty game with great music, but like melan said, the time-travel mechanics are too complicated/esoteric for casual playthroughs. Having to hunt through three versions of each level to find those machines isn't fun at all. It only rewards people that comb over every little detail and tip-toe through levels to find the objectives. It's only a fun Sonic game once you know where everything is and can blast through the levels.

I think Sonic 2 was hard enough with its bonus stages. The requirements for the chaos emeralds were fair: Maintain 50 rings and keep an eye out for checkpoints. It rewards a player for playing well enough to not lose their rings and the objectives are along the normal paths.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:02 pm

The Humble Indie Bundle 20

Score! It's the big 2-0! Humble Indie Bundle 20 is filled with Steam keys and DRM-free builds for Tangledeep, Overgrowth, Among the Sleep - Enhanced Edition, Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator, and Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy. Plus, your purchase will support a charity of your choice!

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/humb ... le_index_1