Nintendo General Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Re: Nintendo General Thread

Post by pixel » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:21 am

:olol: The only thing I miss from the Wii U is the two-screen setup. I feel like that feature didn't get used to its fullest potential, but oh well. I think Nintendo is headed on the right track with the Switch hardware.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:27 pm

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:16 pm

Smash brothers came out today I believe but I’m still sucked in to Zelda so will probably grab it in a week or 2.

Just doing more side quests and shrines, not going for 100%, just enjoying the last of what the world offers that’s enjoyable before ending.
Collect 50 fucking mushrooms or keeping my eye open for a low level weapon that wastes an inventory slot is just meh, ditto puzzles that are ridiculously complex, and fights not worth my time.

Then when I’m done I can sell the game for like 90% of what I paid for it and get smash with the proceeds lol
The English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valleygirl, inner-city slang and various grunts. Joe was able to understand them, but when he spoke in an ordinary voice he sounded pompous and faggy to them.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:21 am

Smash Ultimate lives up to the hype, I played it until 2:30 am last night. It's absolutely fantastic. Now I have to go to work and pretend like I care. :olol:

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:28 am

Well there’s no such thing as a bad smash brothers. ;)
It’s just there’s a pecking order. I’m hoping it’s around melee.
Where would you place this newest entry? Or too soon to comment?
The English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valleygirl, inner-city slang and various grunts. Joe was able to understand them, but when he spoke in an ordinary voice he sounded pompous and faggy to them.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:16 pm

Damnit, I didn’t want to buy Smash because I would mostly only play it single player. But then I went to a friend’s house tonight and played for 4 hours. Now I’m home and I want to do is play more.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:57 pm

Finished Zelda.

The ganon fight was a little too easy, but I was super, super OP lmao. Went in with enough food and weapons for a 2 hour long fight.
Less swordsmanship and more shoot the fuck out of him than I was expecting...

But now the question is there... sell to buy smash or keep and play again?

I played links awakening 3 times, so I think I might hang onto it and sell other placeholder games to fund instead

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:08 pm

Selling an open world game like Zelda is tough for me because of those random playthroughs that come up later.

I'm not good with judging and comparing the fighting mechanics of each Smash, but there doesn't seem to be any overarching problems with Ultimate. The specials are probably different for some characters, with balancing and all that jazz. But it plays really solidly.

The handheld mode is surprisingly good with the Joycons, I think. For me, they seem to do well with slower-paced fights but faster moves can get mixed up because of the analog sticks' small radius. Controls are easy to fix, though. My Mayflash Gamecube controller adapter works great, I can even use my DS4 controller.

darc

Post by darc » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:45 am

I just got the Switch last week. Looking to get Smash Ultimate this weekend. How do you guys compare it to Smash Wii U?

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:58 am

I have only played World of Light in the 6 hours I’ve put into it, but I can say that it does feel faster than the last two Smash games. I wish it had a full blown Story Mode like Brawl did, but World of Light is definitely better than anything Wii U had for single player.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:31 pm