Nintendo General Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Nintendo General Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I am so tempted to get this. But a super cheap price with nothing more than some 3D renders makes me a little hesitant.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I don't get it. in what 64 game do you need access to the D pad, stick, and c buttons at one time?
Only time I can ever think was playing Goldeneye in left hand mode, and needed to reach off joystick to a and b buttons which was corrected by holding the controller properly.

"A recent Kickstarter is promising players a N64 controller that will do away with all of the traditional troubles that the iconic three-pronged classic included"

The only trouble Anyone has with the 64 pad is user error. I mean the 64's box even had fucking diagrams of how to use it, and told you which way to hold it for what games.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

The troubles aren't that N64 controllers aren't hard to use for N64 games. But if you have an emulation box like a retropie, it's a pain in the ass to play N64 games with another analog controller and play other systems with a N64 controller.

I'd buy a couple if I knew it wasn't a scam or piece of crap. :) Having C-buttons on the controller face and four triggers makes them really friendly to emulating any Nintendo system.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Ya know what would have made this controller REALLY cool was adding a second analog stick and map it to a second controller port on the end of the cable. Then you just plug into the first two ports on the N64 and boom, dual analog sticks for Perfect Dark and Goldeneye. And if you are playing something else, you just unplug the second port. I would totally buy something like that.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

pixel wrote:The troubles aren't that N64 controllers aren't hard to use for N64 games. But if you have an emulation box like a retropie, it's a pain in the ass to play N64 games with another analog controller and play other systems with a N64 controller.

I'd buy a couple if I knew it wasn't a scam or piece of crap. :) Having C-buttons on the controller face and four triggers makes them really friendly to emulating any Nintendo system.

I never had problems with the 360 pad in any 64 games.. just map c buttons to the second stick, solved.

If I were them, I'd fix the gamecube controller instead. Which I would leave exactly the same, but change A, B X and Y to normal fucking sizes and shapes.. PERFECT CONTROLLER!!
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

ian wrote:
pixel wrote:The troubles aren't that N64 controllers aren't hard to use for N64 games. But if you have an emulation box like a retropie, it's a pain in the ass to play N64 games with another analog controller and play other systems with a N64 controller.

I never had problems with the 360 pad in any 64 games.. just map c buttons to the second stick, solved.

If I were them, I'd fix the gamecube controller instead. Which I would leave exactly the same, but change A, B X and Y to normal fucking sizes and shapes.. PERFECT CONTROLLER!!
No controller has had the triggers feel as satisfying as when you press down the GC controller triggers and they click in at the end. :olol:

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Skynet wrote:No controller has had the triggers feel as satisfying as when you press down the GC controller triggers and they click in at the end. :olol:
I know right, that click each time was heavenly.. analogue, analogue, analogue, DIGITAL!
It should be a standard of every controller.
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

For all the people who miss out on snes mini.
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

There are some new power ups for the Metroid II remake that look interesting:

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

The comment section...

I can't get no...

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

So people are angry that Nintendo themed cars are only available on a Nintendo console?

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

any worse than a comments section of any youtube video?

I can only imagine the comments on facebook and twiter.. :rofl:
-Two Interactive.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:So people are angry that Nintendo themed cars are only available on a Nintendo console?
Not only that but they seem to be blaming Psyonix.
I can't get no...

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Matisfaction wrote:
Dr. Zoidberg wrote:So people are angry that Nintendo themed cars are only available on a Nintendo console?
Not only that but they seem to be blaming Psyonix.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Tune in at midnight CEST on Thursday 14th September for nearly 45 minutes of information mainly focussed on what’s heading to Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS family systems over the next few months, including new details about Super Mario Odyssey for Nintendo Switch.

Length:
Europe/US - 45 minutes
Japan - 50 minutes

Time:
Central Europe: 14/09 - midnight
United Kingdom: 13/09 - 11pm
Japan: 14/09 - 7am
Australia: 14/09 - 8pm
United States: 13/09 - 3pm PT / 6pm ET

Matisfaction
Global Mod