Nintendo General Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Re: Nintendo General Thread

Post by pixel »

:olol: The only thing I miss from the Wii U is the two-screen setup. I feel like that feature didn't get used to its fullest potential, but oh well. I think Nintendo is headed on the right track with the Switch hardware.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Smash brothers came out today I believe but I’m still sucked in to Zelda so will probably grab it in a week or 2.

Just doing more side quests and shrines, not going for 100%, just enjoying the last of what the world offers that’s enjoyable before ending.
Collect 50 fucking mushrooms or keeping my eye open for a low level weapon that wastes an inventory slot is just meh, ditto puzzles that are ridiculously complex, and fights not worth my time.

Then when I’m done I can sell the game for like 90% of what I paid for it and get smash with the proceeds lol
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Smash Ultimate lives up to the hype, I played it until 2:30 am last night. It's absolutely fantastic. Now I have to go to work and pretend like I care. :olol:

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Well there’s no such thing as a bad smash brothers. ;)
It’s just there’s a pecking order. I’m hoping it’s around melee.
Where would you place this newest entry? Or too soon to comment?
-Two Interactive.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Damnit, I didn’t want to buy Smash because I would mostly only play it single player. But then I went to a friend’s house tonight and played for 4 hours. Now I’m home and I want to do is play more.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Finished Zelda.

The ganon fight was a little too easy, but I was super, super OP lmao. Went in with enough food and weapons for a 2 hour long fight.
Less swordsmanship and more shoot the fuck out of him than I was expecting...

But now the question is there... sell to buy smash or keep and play again?

I played links awakening 3 times, so I think I might hang onto it and sell other placeholder games to fund instead
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Selling an open world game like Zelda is tough for me because of those random playthroughs that come up later.

I'm not good with judging and comparing the fighting mechanics of each Smash, but there doesn't seem to be any overarching problems with Ultimate. The specials are probably different for some characters, with balancing and all that jazz. But it plays really solidly.

The handheld mode is surprisingly good with the Joycons, I think. For me, they seem to do well with slower-paced fights but faster moves can get mixed up because of the analog sticks' small radius. Controls are easy to fix, though. My Mayflash Gamecube controller adapter works great, I can even use my DS4 controller.

darc
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by darc »

I just got the Switch last week. Looking to get Smash Ultimate this weekend. How do you guys compare it to Smash Wii U?

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I have only played World of Light in the 6 hours I’ve put into it, but I can say that it does feel faster than the last two Smash games. I wish it had a full blown Story Mode like Brawl did, but World of Light is definitely better than anything Wii U had for single player.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

darc
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by darc »

Well I ended up picking up Smash Ultimate and MK8 Deluxe a few days ago. Smash 4 and MK8 were 99% of what I played on Wii U, so I figured I might as well just pick them up for the Switch.

Definitely enjoying Smash Ultimate, but mostly all I've done is play 1v1 vs. the CPU or my girlfriend, and Classic Mode, so that I can unlock all characters, which I did this morning. Gonna get into World of Light over the holiday break.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

ian wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:57 pm But now the question is there... sell to buy smash or keep and play again?

I played links awakening 3 times, so I think I might hang onto it and sell other placeholder games to fund instead
I've kept BOTW and am currently playing through it again.. Finding lots of stuff I didn't see the first time, and doing things I know in a better order..
Haven't even touched smash.

On the second playthrough, some things are better, most are the same and a few things have gotten worse.
Spoiler
Doing 3 of the divine beasts before the fucking camel has saved a lot of headache... Fucking camel!! just as bad now..
I did find out on my second playthrough I can own a house though, which is amazing.. Only problem is the builders wouldn't fuck off after the work was done, they just bum around my cooking pot.. FUCK OFF, THE WORK IS DONE, GO HOME!!! But then I built a town from scratch, and the builders fucked off for a wedding... BUT WHEN THEY FUCKED OFF my sign that said links house started glitching, and I don't want to talk to the fuckers after the wedding because they will come back and bum around my cooking pot again.
Pleb mobs are even more annoying now.. I've maxed out armour, and weapons, and done 103 shrines... Random fucking Yiga clan people and goblins with 50HP try to fight me.. FUCK OFF AND LET ME EXPLORE... WHEN I FUCKED YOUR LEADER OVER I WANTED TO FIGHT BETTER PEOPLE THAN YOU, let me look for my hearty radishes so I can walk up to guardians and fight them with literal sticks in peace...
Only fights in the whole game that shit me now are Molduga SP? those desert beasts and Lynels.. Why the fuck is every incarnation of Ganon easier than random fucking Minotaurs??

Also I found something on this playthrough that broke my heart so, so much.. When My first horse Bojack died, I had no idea there was a horse god who could bring horses back from the dead... That would have been amazing to get my first horse back on the first playthrough..

Second playthrough is MUCH more enjoyable than the first though, because all the bullshit shrine puzzles and convoluted divine beast bullshit make sense and I can focus on finding all the cool things I missed.. The shrine quests are actually a highlight.. Some light riddles that actually make sense when you think about them.. Not revolving platforms fucking endlessly for hours on end..

This time I also know.. Never sell ANYTHING, because I will need it eventually.. Hoarding 101
Only good Zelda game since 1993.
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The Wii U is back!

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Just a heads up that the Wii Shop is closing, I believe on the 30th January. So if you have any Wii Points left best to use them up now.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Big Boss Man wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:42 am Just a heads up that the Wii Shop is closing, I believe on the 31st January. So if you have any Wii Points left best to use them up now.
I need to revisit some of those WiiWare titles. I've watched some retrospectives on YouTube and there were some really nice remakes and other exclusives that I never played.

Well, except for the glory that is Tetris Party:

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea there's some good Wiiwarw games on there. I used to like playing the demo version of Pokemon Rumble but didn't collect enough Wii Points to get it :lol: