Nintendo General Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Nintendo General Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

I downloaded the demo of pocket card jockey, haven't been able to put it down since :shock:
I can't get no...

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

During the Nintendo Treehouse livestream, Nintendo revealed Ever Oasis, a action/RPG game for the Nintendo 3DS that is coming in 2017.

Ever Oasis is a new IP developed by Grezzo (The Legend of Legacy), which is led by Koichi Ishii, director of the Mana Series. In the game, you build and develop your own “Oasis” as either a male or female character, where you attract wanderers from far off tribes. You grow “Bloom Booths” and stock them with wares to get money from the wanderers.

The player gets help from Isuna, a Water Spirit, who will level up the player and give them advice. We will also be able to explore dungeons in the game and gather resources with a party of wanderers.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Kimishima Knew The Wii U Wouldn’t Be Easy To Sell To Consumers

"Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima has admitted that he knew the Wii U would be hard to sell to consumers before the actual product launched back in 2012. The thinking internally at Nintendo at the time was that it would be a success as it was riding on the back of the hugely popular Wii console. However, this wasn’t set to be the case.

“In an internal sales representative meeting, someone projected that we would sell close to 100 million Wii U systems worldwide,” he said. “The thinking was that because Wii sold well, Wii U would follow suit. I said that, since the Wii had already sold so well, we need to clearly explain the attraction of the Wii U if we are to get beyond that and sell the new system, and that this would be no easy task.”

“While we announced our shipment forecast of 800,000 Wii U hardware, we are forecasting total sales of ¥500 billion for this fiscal year, about the same as last year,” Kimishima said. “I am not currently able to talk about concrete figures for unit sales, but we are planning for NX to make up for falling Wii U sales. Software for NX will also contribute to sales and profit.”

– Tatsumi Kimishima

"

mynintendonews.com
I can't get no...

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Nintendo: Paper Mario Colour Splash Is An Action Adventure Game

Online gaming publication Kotaku recently had the opportunity to chat with Nintendo’s Rise Tabata on why they have decided to tone down the RPG elements in Paper Mario Colour Splash. Tabata says that Paper Mario Colour Splash for the Wii U will be an action – adventure game as they already have the Mario & Luigi RPG series.

"When I asked Tabata back at E3 whether we should think of the new Paper Mario as an RPG, she said: “This game is an action-adventure.” She then explained what many Paper Mario fans have already deduced. “I’m sure you’re aware that, at Nintendo, we also have another series called the Mario & Luigi RPG series,” she said. “And so since we already have that established Mario & Luigi RPG series, in order to differentiate these two series that we have running concurrently, we’ve tried to focus more on the non-RPG elements for the Paper Mario games."

mynintendonews.com
I can't get no...

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Paper Mario: Color Splash demonstration - Hyper Japan Festival 2016

I can't get no...

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

GameFly Lists Darksiders 1 For Wii U

It would appear as though the original Darksiders game will be coming to the Wii U, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It’s long been thought that Nordic Games were working on a AAA title for the Wii U and this would clearly fit the bill. No doubt we shall get an official announcement in the coming weeks. Would you pick up Darksiders for your Wii U?

mynintendonews

I thought this was news worthy as there's not many decent 3rd party games on Wii U, also Nordic Games who picked up the license from THQ have supported the Wii U, I think Nordic were behind Legend of Kay, my brother has that game and it's a decent port.
I can't get no...

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Nintendo nets large loss for latest financial quarter

As Wii U sales tail off.

NX can't come soon enough for Nintendo.

The Japanese gaming giant's latest quarterly financial results make for disappointing reading - it recorded its largest Q1 loss in five years.

Last year, Nintendo recorded a profit during April to June. This year, however, the company made a net loss of 24.5bn yen (£177m) over the same period.

Still, such losses are far from surprising.

Wii U sales have now slowed to a crawl, with just 220k units shifted over during April, May and June.

As the console draws towards the end of its life, it is still stuck at 13m units sold worldwide - a fraction of the Wii's 100m.

It's far from a shock. Wii U sales have been tailing off for a while, and the last couple of months have seen few releases to excite fans.

Nintendo itself blamed the impact of a strong Japanese currency affecting its foreign sales.

The release of Miitomo, Nintendo's first smartphone app, boosted the company's smart device and IP-related income, although with limited impact - and certainly not enough to make up for the fall in hardware sales.

The impact of Pokémon Go - such that it is, since Nintendo will only profit from licensing - will appear in next quarter's financial results.

Looking ahead, Nintendo will round out the year with fresh Pokémon games on 3DS and the lure of its Mini NES for Christmas.

But all eyes are surely on NX, now, to really turn things around. Yesterday, Eurogamer exclusively revealed NX will be a portable device with detachable controllers that also connects to your TV.

Source: Eurogamer
During the three-month period ended June 30, 2016, for Nintendo 3DS, Kirby: Planet Robobot, which was released globally, showed steady sales. In the U.S., BRAVELY SECOND: END LAYER was released, and in Europe, Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright/Conquest was released and both titles got off to a good start. As a result, the worldwide sales of Nintendo 3DS hardware and software were 0.94 million (7% decrease on a year-on-year basis) and 8.47 million units (7% increase on a year-on-year basis) respectively.

With respect to Wii U, in addition to titles such as Star Fox Zero/Guard and Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, which were released globally, Splatoon and Super Mario Maker which were released during the prior fiscal year showed steady sales. The global sales of Wii U hardware and software were 0.22 million (53% decrease on a year-on-year basis) and 4.68 million units (3% increase on a year-on-year basis) respectively.

For amiibo, the figure-type and the card-type sales remained at approximately 1.70 million units and 1.30 million units respectively mainly due to a lack of new titles that are compatible with amiibo. Download sales decreased year on year because sales of in-game downloadable content were down.

Wii U

Hardware Sales (Q1) — 220,000 units
Hardware Sales (life to date) — 13.02 million units
Hardware Sales Projection (2016 to 2017) — 800,000 units

Software Sales (Q1) — 4.68 million units
Software Sales Projection (2016 to 2017) — 15 million units

3DS

Hardware Sales (Q1) — 940,000 units
Hardware Sales (life to date) — 59.79 million units
Hardware Sales Projection (2016 to 2017) — 5 million units

Software Sales (Q1) — 8.47 million units
Software Sales Projection (2016 to 2017) — 55 million units

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

If you can find one for £169.00 like my brother did, then it's totally worth it. Even If you just picked up Mario Kart 8, Mario Maker, Splatoon, Xenoblade Chron. X and Hyrule Warriors, there's enough content there to keep you going for ages.
I can't get no...

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

New $150 3DS Revealed, 8 Wii U/3DS Games Drop to $20

Nintendo says these deals are "some of the best and most varied we have ever offered."

Nintendo today announced that eight games are being added to the $20 Nintendo Selects lineup, including The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Additionally, Nintendo has revealed a New Nintendo 3DS system (at a lower price) and a handful of Wii U/Amiibo bundles.

Beginning on August 26, Wind Waker HD and Dark Moon, as well as Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Tomodachi Life, Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever & New Friends, Lego City Undercover, Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins, and Nintendo Land will see their prices permanently drop to $20.

These add to the dozens of Nintendo Selects titles already available, including The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and Super Mario 3D World. You can see all the Nintendo Selects games here.

Nintendo also announced a new Super Mario 3D Land Edition New Nintendo 3DS system. Debuting on August 26, the $150 system comes with a pre-installed copy of Super Mario 3D Land, as well as two interchangeable Mario-themed cover plates, one of which features 8-bit versions of iconic Nintendo characters. This system will be sold exclusively at Walmart and Target.

Additionally, Nintendo announced that it will launch new Wii U + Amiibo bundles on September 9. Starting that day, Nintendo will launch five new bundles for $40 each; these include (descriptions written by Nintendo):

"These back-to-school deals are some of the best and most varied we have ever offered," Nintendo marketing executive Doug Bowser (yes, that's his real name), said in a statement. "Now is clearly the best time to get started on your essential Nintendo game collection."

Source: Gamespot

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

60hz UK version confirmed!!!

I can't get no...

Dr. Zoidberg