Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

SNES classic mini what you need to know according to one site (and this is a straicht quote) 'players must prove their skill by completing the first level of the original Star Fox before Star Fox 2 is unlocked to play' since even a blind chimp could finish the first level I wonder why they bothered doing it

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

If modders could figure out how to add the NES frontend to the SNES Classic, that would be amazing.

EDIT: Well, it certainly didn't take long for them to go the other way...
Your NES classic can run the SNES Mini games, and (probably) vice versa

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

melancholy wrote:If modders could figure out how to add the NES frontend to the SNES Classic, that would be amazing.

EDIT: Well, it certainly didn't take long for them to go the other way...
Your NES classic can run the SNES Mini games, and (probably) vice versa
I'm pretty sure that happened a long time ago. I remember seeing a video showing the NES mini running SNES and Genesis games.

Not sure if this is the video I saw but it is from February

Neo-Geo, SNES, Genesis and Gameboy/Color/Advance

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

I think there's a difference between it running other emulators (which the NES Mini has been able to do for a while) but that link Mel posted implies it's running the firmware, not just running an emulator

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

So I decided to go stand in line at Target...that is, if there was a line. I got here an hour before open and I’m the second person here. If this was the NES Classic, they would have a line around the building by now. And everyone that is here now, most of them don’t even know what this is, they are only here because they are either buying it for someone or heard that it would be rare. Ask them about the NES Classic, though, and they know all about it. It’s funny, this is clearly the better system, but people only have nostalgia for the original.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I tried the same thing at Gamestop and two different Walmarts last night. Gamestop had given out tickets to everyone and both Walmarts had lines. I have today off, so I'm going to drive by and see what's happening this morning.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

The version of Starfox 2 in it has been put online, yep less than a day for someone to rip & upload it

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

So despite waiting in line for it, I just can’t bring myself to open it. It’s literally no different than my Raspberry Pi that can do so much more. I could sell it for a huge profit, but that feels kinda scummy. I’m honestly considering returning it and getting my $80 back.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

melancholy wrote:So despite waiting in line for it, I just can’t bring myself to open it. It’s literally no different than my Raspberry Pi that can do so much more. I could sell it for a huge profit, but that feels kinda scummy. I’m honestly considering returning it and getting my $80 back.
I don't blame you, it might seem like a cool thing to get at first but once in the end it is $80 for a SNES emulator in a neat package that only plays 30 games. If I was you I'd sell it for a profit, if it makes you feel too scummy then just sell it for $100. It'd probably go fast and you'd make $20 off it.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Calavera wrote:
melancholy wrote:So despite waiting in line for it, I just can’t bring myself to open it. It’s literally no different than my Raspberry Pi that can do so much more. I could sell it for a huge profit, but that feels kinda scummy. I’m honestly considering returning it and getting my $80 back.
I don't blame you, it might seem like a cool thing to get at first but once in the end it is $80 for a SNES emulator in a neat package that only plays 30 games. If I was you I'd sell it for a profit, if it makes you feel too scummy then just sell it for $100. It'd probably go fast and you'd make $20 off it.
Yeah, just don't double the price. Or ask around and find out if anyone wants it for cost. If I had the spare cash I would.