E3 2017 General Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

E3 2017 General Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

http://www.e3countdown.com/

E3 2017 Schedule

Microsoft – 3:00PM PT, JUNE 11
7:00am June 12 EST

Sony – TBC
Times to be confirmed

Nintendo – TBC
Online event times to be confirmed

Bethesda – June 11 TBC
Times to be confirmed

EA – June 10
Separate event with times to be confirmed

Ubisoft – TBC
Times to be confirmed

Games & Rumoured Games

- Red Dead Redemption 2
- The Last of Us 2
- God of War
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
- Call of Duty: WWII
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Splatoon 2
- Forza Motorsport 7
- Halo Wars 2
- Sea of Thieves
- Battle Front 2
- Cyberypunk 2077
- Destiny 2
- Days Gone
- Death Stranding
- Detroit: Become Human
- Gran Turismo Sport
- Knack 2
- Spider-Man
- Shadow of War
- Assassins Creed
- Splinter Cell sequel
- Rainbow Six Siege 2

Bethesda Possibly Hinting At Two New Reveals for E3

Today, Bethesda sent out invites for its E3 press conference boasting some artwork that perhaps suggests that the publisher and developer has two reveals up its sleeve for the trade-show.

As you can see below, the artwork features homages to many different Bethesda IP, such as Prey, Doom, Quake, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and Dishonored. And obviously many of these franchises will be present, but what’s more interesting are the two areas of “Bethesdaland” which are depicted as under construction, aka projects not revealed or announced yet

What these two surprises could be is hard to say. Maybe Rage is coming back? Maybe a new IP? Evil Within? Wolfenstein? Maybe it’s something boring. Who knows. But if I was a guessing man, I would bet that Bethesda is purposefully teasing here that it’s got one or two tricks coming in June. I just hope one of those tricks is the return of Rage. Bethesda, listen to me: bring back Rage. Do it. Bring. Back. Rage.

Source: Dualshockers

melancholy
Global Mod

Re: E3 2017 General Thread

Post by melancholy »

I would cry real tears of joy if they announced a new single player Elder Scrolls game.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

EA Play Playable Game Lineup

Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II
FIFA 18
Madden NFL 18
NBA LIVE 18
The latest Need for Speed™ experience
The Sims™ Mobile and The Sims™ 4
Battlefield™ 1: In The Name of the Tsar
New content from Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes and Titanfall 2
Madden NFL Mobile
NBA LIVE Mobile
EA SPORTS™ FIFA on the Nintendo Switch

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

watched the 8 minute EA one just for star wars. If there's a decent single player story that isn't just a copy of the movies I'm in. :)

Everything else looked at best pretty average (BF1 content) to at worst downright shit (need for speed)

HOLY SHIT EA, You've done it, you've nailed the racing game forever!!! you've introduced a story about getting revenge into racing.. Welcome to the fast and the furious or 2001. and you can switch between 3 characters in this new game with cars? Welcome to GTA V or 2013
Just make a fun arcadey racing game with decent loading times. I don't need drama, I just wanna race some fucking cars, this isn't a movie!!

It's made worse by the fact that EA used to be really fucking good at arcadey fun racing games..

We'll see what games Sony and MS have. Hope it's a good one this year..
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

ian wrote:watched the 8 minute EA one just for star wars. If there's a decent single player story that isn't just a copy of the movies I'm in. :)

Everything else looked at best pretty average (BF1 content) to at worst downright shit (need for speed)

HOLY SHIT EA, You've done it, you've nailed the racing game forever!!! you've introduced a story about getting revenge into racing.. Welcome to the fast and the furious or 2001. and you can switch between 3 characters in this new game with cars? Welcome to GTA V or 2013
Just make a fun arcadey racing game with decent loading times. I don't need drama, I just wanna race some fucking cars, this isn't a movie!!

It's made worse by the fact that EA used to be really fucking good at arcadey fun racing games..

We'll see what games Sony and MS have. Hope it's a good one this year..
Hasn't the Need for Speed series had a plot? Heck the last one had those cringe worthy live cut scenes like a Sega CD game.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I don't remember much of a plot from any of the games to be honest.. I do remember all the racing. And I stopped playing the series after Carbon (2006) which just fucked up so horrible I could never get back into it. I really wanted to try the criterion ones back in the day, but never got around to them, so it's been 11 years since I played a NFS game. There are high points and low points of the series, and this just seems absolutely stupid in every way. so I guess you could call this new nfs "Porsche Unleashed", or "Hot Pursuit 2" or "Carbon" because they were all shit..
I wouldn't be so pissed off about the plot if they hadn't ripped off the GTA 5 gimmick as well.

But I still have hope for the rest of e3 getting EA out of the way first is probably good..
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

OrangeRibbon wrote: Hasn't the Need for Speed series had a plot? Heck the last one had those cringe worthy live cut scenes like a Sega CD game.
The last one I played was Most Wanted, which was essentially "burnout lite" with a NFS logo slapped on it.
I can't get no...

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Can I just say, this is so weird having E3 conferences start on the weekend. I've started watching the Bethesda conference, but it'll be 1am until it finishes and honestly I'm only watching it in hopes of a new Elder Scrolls.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I came to a horrible realization last night watching the Bethesda conference. They have so much Elder Scrolls shit that isn't a main game that releasing a new ES game would just be excessive. Skyrim may be the last ES game we see that isn't online.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

They will have to make a new single player ES game eventually. Skyrim has sold over 20 million copies.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »