I have an odd TV problem

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

I have an odd TV problem

Post by OrangeRibbon »

If I turn on a HDMI device before the TV it says it can't use the video format but it is fine if I turn on the TV AND then turn on the device.

It isn't a big thing, just more of a curiosity.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Re: I have an odd TV problem

Post by Calavera »

OrangeRibbon wrote:If I turn on a HDMI device before the TV it says it can't use the video format but it is fine if I turn on the TV AND then turn on the device.

Since you will need the TV turned on for the HDMI devices to function to any usable degree it isn't even really a problem!

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I had a similar problem with my Old Benq 27" monitor. "Format not supported" and it did it with HDMI, DVI, and VGA, multiple computers.

It shat me off in the end because I couldn't restart a fucking computer, had to turn computer and monitor off and start again... so I got rid of it. it did it at 800X600 and 1920x1080 so I was like FUCK THIS!! 800X600 and full HD sould be fucking supported!!! if I was just using it to play consoles or watch TV I would have lived with it, but I was using it to work with and when it started doing that I lasted about 4 days before I ditched it

No idea what caused it though, I blame gypsies. Have been much happier with my LG and Asus 27" monitors
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Calavera wrote:
OrangeRibbon wrote:If I turn on a HDMI device before the TV it says it can't use the video format but it is fine if I turn on the TV AND then turn on the device.

Since you will need the TV turned on for the HDMI devices to function to any usable degree it isn't even really a problem!
Ohh the only time it is a thing is on the weekend I forget to turn on TV first. Like I said more of a curiosity.