Apparantly Mayhem Tech 2200 Power Bank explode randomly

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Hawq
Site Admin

Apparantly Mayhem Tech 2200 Power Bank explode randomly

Post by Hawq »

It started out a few months back like
got in after getting a paper to a smell like many caps had gone off & found it like
Thats right the fucking thing exploded, quite litterally as some of those bits in the pick had been retrieved from about halfway down the room. Bloody lucky it didnt set fire to anything really, minor miricle there, guess the mayhem bit dont lie. Be warned if you use one of them & dont have it charging near anything that might catch fire.
Probably coulda fit elsewhere but its tech shit so it fits

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Apparantly Mayhem Tech 2200 Power Bank explode randomly

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

You're lucky it didn't burn the house down.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Shit, I am glad you are okay.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Freaked me out a fair bit, god knows what woulda happened to me if I'd been in the room at the time as I'm pretty sure the stuff in the battery aint healthy if you breath it in

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

That's bad but on the plus side it could have been much much worse. Have you contacted them as you should report what happened because it could have caused a house fire. I've read that those cheap iPhone chargers can catch fire so I think it's best beware from using things like that. Might cost a bit more for an official charger but at least you'll have piece of mind. Also is there a known fault with the Power Bank? If so whomever sold it if you bought it from a shop shouldn't retail them.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

found the inner core of it earlier
only found it by chance after a glancing down to where it was this morning, higher ups are being informed & once my heads cooled a bit I can put pen to paper about it for a complaint to the manufacturer/supplier, honestly didnt know where that core bit was for days god knows how I missed it

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea that has to be reported could have caused a house fire. Looks like the product is poorly made too. Could it have been like a copy or did you buy it from a proper retail store?. Say it was from a charity shop they have to test every electrical thing but if it was from like a bootsale you don't know where it could come from.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

:oshocked: Note to self, let phone just go flat.
but mayhem tech?? :rofl: Didn't you think you were in for trouble with a name like that?

But seriously. glad you weren't next to it when it went off, or worse, asleep. :oshocked: The fact there are remnants scattered across a bed are quite alarming.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.