Anyone interested in a Sega Saturn?

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Anyone interested in a Sega Saturn?

Post by Calavera »

I've had this thing sitting around for probably 4-5 years. I'm never going to play it, old games are too expensive now for me to want to buy any for it. I've got VF2, Daytona USA , Virtua Cop and a demo disc. I have 2 controllers the S-video cable and the power cord obviously. The only problem with it is the CD lid. The eject button doesn't work. I never cared about that as you can just lift it by hand or turn it upside down to open the lid. The system always thinks the lid is closed so there is no problem there. I'd like $50 for it. Does that seem like a fair price or does the faulty CD lid take the value down dramatically?

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Re: Anyone interested in a Sega Saturn?

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Yeah the collectors market started on Saturn and drove the price up. I would take it, but I have a Saturn that still works. If you do Ebay, fix the lid because you can get an extra 30 dollars for it.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

OrangeRibbon wrote:Yeah the collectors market started on Saturn and drove the price up. I would take it, but I have a Saturn that still works. If you do Ebay, fix the lid because you can get an extra 30 dollars for it.
If I sell it I'll probably do it on Craigslist or Facebook since the CD lid is broken. I believe it is missing some pieces, I can't remember exactly but I think it had an extra piece of plastic and little spring on it. I took those off so I could just pull the lid completely out from the system when I was using it.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

$50 for a Saturn isn't bad. But I already have one I barely use now.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

melancholy wrote:$50 for a Saturn isn't bad. But I already have one I barely use now.
I think I paid $30 for it when I got it. I thought $30 for a Saturn is a pretty good deal I have to have it. But just like you, I never use it. I kind of want to keep it if they ever release the "Saturn Everdrive" thing. The thing they were talking about in that video about the Saturn CD encryption being cracked. Honestly even if that came out and I owned it, I'd still probably never play it.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Those early 3d games are rough to go back to. I remember Dreams looking great and then I replayed it a couple of years ago.

Manoel
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by Manoel »

I've got a Saturn with a faulty mobo which I'd gladly give away, but the shipping costs from Brazil are obviously ridiculous.

I've also got a second Saturn which I intend to sell. I don't think I'll keep any gaming consoles besides the Wii and the DC, so I've been cleaning, testing & organizing everything to sell and make up some space in my house.

99% of my gaming time is on portables nowadays, even at home.