Something I just realized about Shenmue

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Something I just realized about Shenmue

Post by Calavera »

I'm sure we all enjoyed going to the arcade and playing some darts or Space Harrier to pass the time until it was time to do something. I just realized this and it kind of blows my mind. Shenmue is older now than Space Harrier was when Shenmue was released. When Shenmue was released Space Harrier was 15 years old. Now Shenmue is 18 years old. :shock:

Where does the time go! It doesn't seem like all that long ago, but damn I was only 13 years old playing Shenmue. I'm now 29 about to turn 30. I need a time machine :ocry:

Skynet
Site Admin

Re: Something I just realized about Shenmue

Post by Skynet »

So what you're saying is Sega needs to release a game, where you can play Shenmue to pass the time, then in Shenmue when you need to pass time in game you can go and play Space Harrier?

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

No what he's saying is that shenmue should be included in a modern day game set in 1999 that the kids will like and it should have a dreamcast with crappy old games on it that no one will play.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Skynet wrote:So what you're saying is Sega needs to release a game, where you can play Shenmue to pass the time, then in Shenmue when you need to pass time in game you can go and play Space Harrier?
Exactly! :wooooooo: