has malwarebytes update may have killed qbittorrent

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Hawq
Site Admin

has malwarebytes update may have killed qbittorrent

Post by Hawq »

I may be wrong about that but following a malwarebytes update qbittorrent (the current 4.0.4) hangs every time I try to start/restart though it seemed to work after rebooting earlier, cant reread all I put in the other bit of the board & more may see it here so heres that bit of info as well:
I left some stuff at the 'gathering metadata' stage before going out & upon returning it hasnt started anything, just constantly says 'gathering metadata' anyone else have this going on or is it just me? guess it could be a BT thing but then if it was I wouldnt be able to see TPB at all, same issue with EZTV, also almost ever time I restart qbittorrent it hangs saying 'not responding' the only time so fat today it didnt was either after a long period of it being off or a reboot (cant recall which, probably the reboot)

So unless theres some unknown ninja shit in the new moniter I'm trying tnat somehow kills downloads, unlikely as ones from before the malware update (or from nyaa after it cant rememeber now) were unaffected. Ideas? or does it just sound utterlyly buggered & I need to find something new

Hawq
Site Admin

Re: has malwarebytes update may have killed qbittorrent

Post by Hawq »

hmm the rather extreme step of this info
% APPDATA% \ qBittorrent = C: \ Users \ <username> \ AppData \ Roaming \ qBittorrent % LOCALAPPDATA% \ qBittorrent = C: \ Users \ <username> \ AppData \ Local \ qBittorrent
has allowed qb to start again, minus all the things on the dl list of course, anyone know a way to have it work with the backup of the lists & not have iot go back to hanging uselessly? if not guess its start from scratch almost with some things, though the most should just checK & resume when I remember what they were

Hawq
Site Admin

Re: has malwarebytes update may have killed qbittorrent

Post by Hawq »

yup seems alive for now having done that, pain in the arse though