Are there any good Macintosh Emulators late 80s early 90s

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Are there any good Macintosh Emulators late 80s early 90s

Post by Calavera »

I've never really messed around with any kind of Macintosh emulation or Mac virtual machine. I did a quick search on Mac emulation but mostly found running old Mac software on a newer Mac. The main reason I 'm wanting to do it is because of this.

I never knew there was a Mac version of Vette that looked and sounded so much better than the DOS version! Does anyone know what would be the best way to go about playing this on a modern PC? Does there exist a Mac emulator that will run this? Or do I need to create a Virtual Machine running an older version of Mac OS? If so is Oracle Virtualbox suited for that? Sorry for all the questions that I know I could find by googling. I thought I'd just ask here and see if anyone had already done this before and knew exactly what to do. Thanks.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: Are there any good Macintosh Emulators late 80s early 90s

Post by Big Boss Man »

https://www.gryphel.com/c/minivmac/

This emulates the Mac from 1984-1996 so should cover Vette and any other games/software from that timeframe.