Has anybody played the new Hitman 2?

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Has anybody played the new Hitman 2?

Post by Calavera »

I only recently heard about it, I didn't even know a new one was coming. It looks pretty cool and is highly rated. I'll be getting it but just wondered if anybody here have played it. The Hitman games are some of my favorites. I loved Hitman 2: Silent Assassins and Hitman 3:Contracts. I tried to go back and play 2 and 3. I only played a couple levels of Silent Assassins and sadly it didn't age well. I LOVED that game when it was new. The graphics and the environments were amazing. It was so much fun sneaking around a mansion and just exploring. Playing it now it just seems so basic. The graphics are obviously no longer amazing. Even with all the recommend mods and setting to get the best possible graphics they just aren't up to par. It sucks that it is like that now. Gameplay should always be more important than graphics but after playing something like Hitman:Absolution it is hard to go back to the classics.

I never did play Hitman 3: Contracts so I'm not sure if those graphics are any better. I never did play Hitman Blood Money. I installed it when it was fairly new but it wasn't really compatible with gamepads and by that time I was mainly playing PC games with an Xbox controller. So just because of that one little flaw I never played it. The next game in the series was Hitman Absolution and wow, that game was amazing! Gorgeous graphics, perfect gameplay. I got so much enjoyment out of that game. There were several ways to complete each mission and several extra objectives to do. I 100 percented pretty much every mission and still wasn't tired of it. I could fire it up anytime and still have fun with it.

After that was a game just called Hitman that came out in 2016. I installed it and played a bit of it. It seemed OK, right after that I had some hard drive problems and wasn't able to play it for awhile. After I got all that worked out I just never went back to it. I need to go back to it, it didn't seem bad just something about it wasn't really pulling me in.

Now we are up to Hitman 2 2016 not Hitman 2 2001. I should have it in a day or two, I have high hopes for it. I hope it blows me away just like past games in the series did. Has anybody here played it? If so what did you think of it? No spoiler please!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Has anybody played the new Hitman 2?

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I haven't played it or the first one, although they gave most of that one away for free so I've got it.

The last Hitman games I played were Absolution and the one on Android. Both are good.

Apparently Microsoft are looking at buying the company that made the latest Hitman games and owns the rights to the IP.