The Red Dead Thread (RDR1 coming to Switch/PS4 Aug 17)

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: The Red Dead Thread (RDR2 Fall 2017!)

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Sony Announces Red Dead Redemption 2 Partnership: PS4 Players Get First Dibs on “Select Online Content”

Following the reveal of Red Dead Redemption 2 by Rockstar Games, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced a partnership related to the game, even if there are precious little details at the moment.

“Hand crafted to take full advantage of PS4, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.

We are pleased to announce that PS4 players get first access to earn select online content in the vast open world of Red Dead Redemption 2. Check back on PlayStation.Blog for more details soon and for all of the latest information on Red Dead Redemption 2.”

We also learn that the original Red Dead Redemtion will come to PlayStation Now “soon.”

I guess we have come to a point in which a not better specified marketing partnership granting access to unspecified online content are announced a full year before a game is even touching our consoles. Lovely.

Source: Dualshockers

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

That was gorgeous. Maybe I'll just skip the first one and play this when it comes out.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It's worth playing the first game and it still looks very good. The 360 one is the better version.

Edit: Or you can play it on the PC.

Red Dead Redemption will finally be playable on PC, via PlayStation Now

PS4 gets timed exclusive Red Dead Redemption 2 online content.

Rockstar classic Red Dead Redemption will at last be playable on PC - but there's a catch. You'll need to play it via Sony's streaming service PlayStation Now.

The version available will be the PS3 edition of the game, which you can then stream to your PS4 or PC. You don't need a PS4 to use the feature, you just need a PS Now subscription (which costs around a tenner a month).

Unlike on Xbox One it means you will have to pay to play the last-gen game. On Xbox One - if you have the Xbox 360 version - the game is part of the console's backwards compatibility service.

Sony confirmed the above via a new blog post which also brought word of timed-exclusive online features for Red Dead Redemption 2.

PS4 will get "select online content in the vast open world" first - before Xbox One.

What this will be is still a mystery, and it sounds like we'll be waiting a while to hear more. Today's Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer was stunningly beautiful, but also stunningly short:

Interestingly, Sony has said today's trailer was captured running on PlayStation 4 (and not PlayStation 4 Pro). It's a pretty beast indeed.

Source: Eurogamer

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Original Red Dead Redemption Coming To PlayStation 4 and Now

We shouldn’t forget about the original Red Dead Redemption game amidst all the Red Dead Redemption 2 news such as the teasers, official announcement, and the first trailer for the new game. After all, the original game Red Dead Redemption is what laid the ground for the second one and it is still a great game. Earlier this year, the classic western game from Rockstar became available on Xbox One through the backward compatibility program and now PlayStation 4 owners get the same treatment.

Sony officially announced that the Rockstar game would be made available through the subscription service “soon”. That also somewhat brings the game to the PC, but not really. Still, it’s a start. With PlayStation Now, you would be able to stream the game to your PC and indirectly play it on that system. It’s not the real deal and far from perfect as some people are experiencing input lag with it, but it is a start.

The timing is perfect as it will give people something to play while they wait for the new game. With all the hype on the new game, memories of playing the by-now classic 2010 western game will surface and bring the urge to play it again. And thanks to both Xbox One’s and soon the PS4’s capability to play the classic game, you can do it even if you sold your old console when you got the newer generation.
source

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

UPDATE 30/11/16: Red Dead Redemption and its Undead Nightmare expansion will be available to play via PlayStation Now on 6th December.

More than 329 games are currently available to play via the "magical streaming powers" of PlayStation Now, Sony notes.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

if it wasnt for the £12.99 a month cost I'd be tempted but as I wouldnt finish it off in the free 7 day trial I'll stick to the 360 version, least if I get an xbone the backwards compatability doesnt cost extra

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Here's some very surprising news...

Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed until spring 2018

Behold six gorgeous new screenshots.

Red Dead Redemption 2 has been delayed until spring 2018, Rockstar has announced.

Previously Rockstar had the Western sequel (or more likely prequel) slated for an autumn 2017 release, but that's no longer in the cards.

"This outlaw epic set across the vast and unforgiving American heartland will be the first Rockstar game created from the ground up for the latest generation of console hardware, and some extra time is necessary to ensure that we can deliver the best experience possible for our fans," the developer said of its highly anticipated adventure.

"We are very sorry for any disappointment this delay causes, but we are firm believers in delivering a game only when it is ready."

It's hard to blame Rockstar for this delay though when the game it's developing looks like this:

Source: Eurogamer

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Those screenshots look good!

Also you need to update the thread title

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: The Red Dead Thread (RDR2 sometime in 2018)

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Skynet wrote:Also you need to update the thread title
True.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Red Dead Redemption 2 Delayed AGAIN Until October 2018

Red Dead Redemption 2

Like a broken record, for nearly a year we have reported how an intended release date has been announced for Red Dead Redemption 2 just for Rockstar to dash all of our hopes.

Yes, I’m afraid this isn’t good news, but Rockstar has announced that Red Dead Redemption 2 has been delayed yet again. Spring 2018 is, I’m afraid to say, long gone.
Damn you Rockstar!

Yes, I know, I’m disappointed too. As above though, we should hardly be surprised. It’s no joke to say that I believe this is now the 3rd or possibly 4th time we’ve had to report on this being delayed.

Rather more crushingly, however, the announcement comes just a few days after we believed we had confirmed a provisional release date for July 2018. Well, no, that was way off the mark.

When is Red Dead Redemption 2 being released?

In a report via Polygon the delay is again to put a more finishing touch to the product. Something in fairness which Rockstar does have a reputation of, but also for following through on it.

The good news is that we do now have a firm release date. Well, firm for the moment, it is after all, hard to know if this one will stick either.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is set to release on October 26th 2018.
Will it release on that day?

I certainly hope so! In fairness to Rockstar though, as above, they generally do not tend to delay releases without a good reason and they do have a reasonably good reputation for releasing a very polished product. Given the hype surrounding this, it would be very unwise to release it in a poor state. Not that that had ever stopped EA.
source well at least theres plenty of time to set the cash aside in case of special editions with added dlc I guess

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

That sucks, but not surprising.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

as long as it means we get a better prduct at the end of the day then its all good & hey at least it aint Crackdown 3 level delays

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Off topic I actually thought this was the Red Dwarf topic bumped and there would be a new series for 2018.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Red Dead Redemption 2 pre-order bonuses include GTA cash and a familiar horse
UPDATE: And there's an £89.99 Collector's Box.

Following news of its various Red Dead Redemption 2 pre-order bonuses earlier today, Rockstar has now unveiled its special bumper-sized Collector's Box, featuring a host of thematic paraphernalia - but notably not the game.

The centrepiece of the special edition is an eye-catching red tithing box - "Inspired by the lockbox used by the Van der Linde gang", says Rockstar - complete with lock and key.

Inside, you'll find various Red Dead Redemption 2-themed bric-a-brac, including a bandana, playing cards, a set of pins, a collectible challenge coin, and 12 cigarette cards, featuring "Famous Gunslingers and Outlaws, Stars of the Stage and Marvels of Travel and Locomotion".

There's also a treasure map (which may apparently be of use in-game), a 150-page Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue, and, finally, a 100-piece, double-sided wooden jigsaw puzzle. And, in case you're curious, Google tells me that the first jigsaw puzzle was invented around 1760, so they definitely did exist by the time that Red Dead Redemption 2's 1911 arrived.

If any of that takes your fancy, the Red Dead Redemption 2 Collector's Box - which, to reiterate, does not include the game - costs at £89.99. You'll find a few more details, and the opportunity to pre-order, over on Rockstar's store.

Pre-order Red Dead Redemption 2 and you'll get a bundle of bonus bits and pieces, including $500k of in-game money to spend in Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto Online.

It's a neat play for GTAO users - encouraging them to pay up now for immediate reward, before transitioning them over to the inevitable Red Dead Online come November.

Pre-order customers will also get an Outlaw Survival Kit, whatever that contains, and The War Horse - a legendary steed which was also a DLC unlock in the original Red Dead Redemption.

The War Horse was arguably the best mount in the game - so much so that owning it completely negated the need to buy any other. It had very high stamina and speed - and it also looked rather nice, too.

The pre-order bonuses were spotted - briefly - on the Xbox store by Resetera user Simo, although they have since been removed.

A prequel to the original game, Red Dead Redemption 2 is due to launch this November for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Here's everything we know so far:

source special & ultimate images from here I assume all the main info is the same though

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Hawq wrote:If any of that takes your fancy, the Red Dead Redemption 2 Collector's Box - which, to reiterate, does not include the game - costs at £89.99.
No. No no no.

Look, I understand not making a bunch of Collector’s Editions for each format. Lopsided inventories where one sells out faster than the others, I get it. But just have the person choose their version at checkout and then give them a digital code. Tape it to the package, email it, anything other than not including the game at all.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

melancholy wrote:
Hawq wrote:If any of that takes your fancy, the Red Dead Redemption 2 Collector's Box - which, to reiterate, does not include the game - costs at £89.99.
No. No no no.

Look, I understand not making a bunch of Collector’s Editions for each format. Lopsided inventories where one sells out faster than the others, I get it. But just have the person choose their version at checkout and then give them a digital code. Tape it to the package, email it, anything other than not including the game at all.

Why what could go wrong with not selling them the game in what looks like a game package?

Well wrong for them

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

I hadn't managed to read it all yet so hadn't read the 'game not incuded' bit but found out when I asked which versions Game would have when I went into town earlier, even the girl in the shop seemed confused with the not including the game bit. Shame really as otherwise its a nice looking bundle of stuff but Rockstar have decided to shoot themselves in the foot for some reason, doubt it'll hurt sales that much though