Anyone Have Advice On Estimate Price For Amiga Collection?

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Skynet
Site Admin

Anyone Have Advice On Estimate Price For Amiga Collection?

Post by Skynet »

So I'm selling one of my Amiga's with all the accessories. I'll be holding onto my A1200 and just use a CF mod on it to cut down on space.

My collection is as follows:
Amiga 500
2x mouse
2x joystick
AV modulator
Additional external floppy drive
Phillips monitor with screen protector
Various manuals
VHS Video Backup system (never seen this until I bought it)
Winter Olympics 94 boxed
Soccer Stars 96 boxed
Reach for the Skies boxed
Lotus Turbo Challenge boxed
An additional 833 various disks (not all may be for the Amiga)

Last time I checked the Amiga works and can play games, but not all the keys work so it may just be an issue with internals that can be fixed or replaced.

I paid $90 for the Amiga with about 100 of the disks and accessories and then $15 or so for the VHS backup and the bulk lot of disks.

I was thinking a fair price might be $100 but I fear I'm seriously undervaluing this price.

ian
Null Dream Team

Re: Anyone Have Advice On Estimate Price For Amiga Collection?

Post by ian »

Take some photos, list the condition and chuck it up on ebay for a buck. everyone wanting a bargain will outbid it to stupid amounts because it's retro.. and if it doesn't go as high as you want it for, just remove the listing saying you broke it or something with a minute to go.

I've seen old commodores go for amounts that I'd think were way too much, and because 50 people think it's a bargain, it just goes for more.. I've had HUGE success with retro games on ebay in the past few years (Snes, Master system, N64, Gameboy advance, and PS2 all went for more than I or my parents paid for them.. The master system was fucked and still got $5 more than the initial cost) :owink:

So that's my suggestion.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

I've already got a few pictures but not everything.

I can't be fucked doing the ebay thing as I'm lazy and I can't be fucked doing a listing then removing it lol. The good thing is I already have 3 or 4 people on FB interested.

These aren't the best pictures, I took them when I got the Amiga. I can't be bothered taking new ones right now. There's a heap of stuff not in these pictures because I got them afterwards.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

You could probably get $300 to $400 on ebay for it all. Maybe more.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:You could probably get $300 to $400 on ebay for it all. Maybe more.
Yeah I was thinking on ebay I could get a fair bit. I was thinking of asking maybe $250 and taking as low as $200. Thing is though, as mentioned in the first post, not all the keys work but the system itself does work.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

$250 sounds alright if you can't be stuffed dealing with ebay.

Lotus Turbo Challenge boxed could get $40+ on ebay, so if you haven't told them exactly what they are getting you could put that one aside and sell just that on ebay.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:$250 sounds alright if you can't be stuffed dealing with ebay.

Lotus Turbo Challenge boxed could get $40+ on ebay, so if you haven't told them exactly what they are getting you could put that one aside and sell just that on ebay.
Yeah I've already listed everything. I'll just ask for $250 then.