Retro Gaming Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
melancholy
Global Mod

Re: Retro Gaming Thread

Post by melancholy »

I wish he could update the Saturn version too.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

The biggest problem with it, is that it isn't a Sonic game. Basically the patch has made a really frustrating, average game.... less frustrating.

In saying that, I have played way more of the game in this version, than the original. So it's achieved its goal, I suppose.
I can't get no...

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Pleasantly surprised to see a few games in there that I've never even heard of.. :oshocked:
I can't get no...

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

I can't get no...

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

I can't get no...

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:
I like the idea of a British guy sprinting through a Russian base while staring at the ground. All the troops are just spraying bullets around him, alarms going off and they can't stop him. Not until he just randomly bungees off of the dam into the abyss below. :lol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Retro-bit Brings New Ways To Play Old Games At CES 2018

The latest old stuff.

Retro-bit is known for bringing back old-school gaming in new ways, and at CES 2018, the company was showing off some new retro consoles, throwback controllers, and revamped cartridges of old games. As you can see in the video above, we got to check everything out at the show. Note that international pricing for most products hasn't been set yet. Here's a quick rundown of what stood out:

Super Retro Trio Plus

A new version of Retro-bit's multi-cart console, the Super Retro Trio Plus, will be available by the end of January for $80 USD and €60 Euro. It plays original NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis cartridges. The new addition to this model is its HDMI port and sharper 720p resolution, which makes it convenient to play old games on new TVs. There are ports for all three controllers of the original consoles, but it also comes with two of Retro-bit's own controllers. An NTSC and PAL switch lets you use cartridges from any region as well.

GoRetro Portable

The GoRetro Portable will come with over 300 games preloaded, but the final roster is still being finalized. Games from Capcom and Data East were playable at CES. It charges through microUSB and is said to last up to 10 hours on a full charge. Two color schemes will be available: light blue with grey accent and black with red accent. It'll be out this September for $35.

R-Type Returns

Super R-Type and R-Type III are coming back this May with a rerelease in R-Type Returns. These two games are SNES/Super Famicom classics, and this multi-cart by Retro-bit will also have a collector's edition for $60; you'll get stickers, a pin set, and a collector's box. The standard edition will go for $40.

Holy Diver

The original Famicom game Holy Diver never got an official release outside of Japan, but Retro-bit will bring a licensed version of it which will release this May. The standard edition will be $35 and the collector's edition, which comes with a special box, pins, and stickers, will be $60.

Wireless Sega Controllers

The Sega Genesis, Saturn, and Dreamcast controllers return thanks to Retro-bit's partnership with Sega. Bluetooth wireless versions will be available, but price and release date haven't been set yet. These gamepads are compatible with PC, Mac, and Android, but a separate dongle to use these with their original consoles will be available.

Source: Gamespot

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Why would I want to use a Dreamcast pad on the PC when I can just use a 360 controller?

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Calavera wrote:Why would I want to use a Dreamcast pad on the PC when I can just use a 360 controller?
1) Because collecting controllers for emulators nearing 100 percent compatibility is a godsend for those of us who aren't big collectors :)
2) If they're sophisticated enough, I can finally play NFL2K2 the correct way

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

I like how the VMU did that type of thing so long ago and now games are doing similar things but on your phone. The Dreamcast was ahead of it's time!

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I want a USB dremacast controller!!! I only use a 360 pad BECAUSE a dreamcast pad isn't USB..
and is that a modern day official dremcast VGA box.. I want that too (even though I already have one)
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

ian wrote:I want a USB dremacast controller!!! I only use a 360 pad BECAUSE a dreamcast pad isn't USB..
and is that a modern day official dremcast VGA box.. I want that too (even though I already have one)

http://www.mayflash.com/products/pcusb/pc049.html
?

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

OrangeRibbon wrote:
ian wrote:I want a USB dremacast controller!!! I only use a 360 pad BECAUSE a dreamcast pad isn't USB..

http://www.mayflash.com/products/pcusb/pc049.html
?
They have probably improved since I last tried them but I had a USB adapter that allowed PS1,Saturn and Dreamcast pads to be used on the PC. PS1 and Saturn worked fine, but the analog on the Dreamcast was really wonky.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »