Shenmue thread: Do you know where I can find some sailors in HD?

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Hawq
Site Admin

Re: Shenmue thread: Do you know where I can find some sailors?

Post by Hawq »

Shenmue 3 Development Update Shows Off Facial Expressions

Shenmue 3 developer YS Net has released a new developer diary showing off facial animations for the upcoming game.

The video can be seen below.

Ys Net released the first Shenmue 3 trailer back in August. The trailer was criticised by fans due to its stiff and expressionless character models. Shenmue 3’s producer Hideaki Morishita assured fans by stating that the developers are working on higher quality character models.
source

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Nobody should be shocked by this news:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Shenmue thread: Do you know where I can find some sailors in HD?

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

:cow:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I can't believe how dated this game looks nowadays. I wish they would tweak the visuals a little bit. Even something as simple as a better lighting system would be a vast improvement. Assuming Sega does nothing to improve the original, the PC version would be the one to get as I'm sure the modding community would be all over it.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

melancholy wrote:I can't believe how dated this game looks nowadays. I wish they would tweak the visuals a little bit. Even something as simple as a better lighting system would be a vast improvement. Assuming Sega does nothing to improve the original, the PC version would be the one to get as I'm sure the modding community would be all over it.
I thought they were doing an HD remake, then I watched the trailer and realized that isn't the case. I'm ok with it though, the graphics still look alright to me for being almost 20 years old. The one thing they had better improve are the load times, that is one of the main reasons I've never replayed the game. The load times are unbearable, even on an emulator they don't seem any faster. Even when Shenmue 2 was new the load times were pretty awful. It made me not want to explore every location.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

I think they're going for that "It runs like you remember it" vibe. Which I have no problem with as long as the performance is good. (..and has dual language support).
I can't get no...

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Outrun in 4k is going to be cool.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Get Ready!
I can't get no...

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Outrun and Space Harrier is where its at! Who even botheed playing the motorcycle game?

Stormwatch
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Stormwatch »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:Outrun in 4k is going to be cool.
I doubt they will actually upscale the arcades. But you can use the Cannonball engine and the original ROM to play OutRun with higher resolution roads and widescreen support.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

What a shock!

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Shenmue 3 : Breath of the wild.
I can't get no...

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

least it aint Crackdown 3 levels, yet

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Shenmue III's PC system requirements have been revealed

Shenmue III's PC system requirements have been revealed
Ys Net has officially published Shenmue 3's PC system requirements, confirming that the game will release exclusively on Steam and Windows-based operating systems at launch.

Shenmue 3 will release in 2019, with SEGA and Ys Net revealing no firm release date for the game's PS4 and PC versions. The game was initially intended to release in 2018, though the game's developers have since asked for more time to deliver a more polished experience.

Remastered versions of Shenmue I and II are set to release later this year on PC, PS4, and Xbox One, giving gamers on modern platforms ample opportunity to play or replay the originals.

The PC system requirements for Shenmue III are available below, revealing some hefty storage requirements, which estimate that the game will require 100GB of storage capacity. Thankfully, other aspects of the game don't seem as demanding, as Ys Net appears to be willing to stick to the series' original art style, which has limited their ability to push their visuals to cutting-edge levels in some regards.

Below are Shenmue III's full PC system requirements, though these hardware listings are subject to change before the game's official release. This is a standard disclaimer for publishers before a game releases, though it is unusual for significant changes to be made to these requirements before a game's release.

Gamers that want to play Shenmue III should have a quad-core CPUs that is equivalent or better than Intel's i5 4460, a 64-bit Windows-based operating system (Windows 7 or newer), 4GB of system memory and a GPU with 2GB of VRAM that is equivalent or stronger than a GTX 650 Ti that supports DirectX 11.

System Requirements for PC Version

Minimum:OS: Windows 7x64, Windows 8x64, Windows 10x64 (64-bit OS Required)
Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better (DirectX 11 card & VRAM 2GB Required)
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband internet connection
Storage: 100 GB available space
Soundcard: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Additional Info: Requires Steam Client to activate.

(*Game is currently in development so system requirements may change without notice. We thank you for your understanding)
source

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

melancholy wrote:I can't believe how dated this game looks nowadays. I wish they would tweak the visuals a little bit.
Shenmue came out in 1999... so 19 years have past, of course it looks dated.. But what did games look like 19 years prior to that?
PACMAN.. that came out in 1980.
Games today look closer to shenmue than shenume does to pacman, so I can forgive the graphics...

And thinking about that.. Realistically, games haven't come very far in 20 years.
We should be at photo-realism in games by now... The past 20 years have been a total wank!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

I got my survey and completed it for the Shenmue 3 kickstarter. I opted for the Steam digital version. I'm assuming most of you guys are going PS4? I assume ian and Prophet would go Steam.