PC Games General Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Re: PC Games General Thread

Post by pixel » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:55 am

I wonder if they'll announce a new headset with a highly competitive price to pair with the new Half Life game. Also, could modders convert a VR game into a non-VR game?

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:25 pm

pixel wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:55 am
I wonder if they'll announce a new headset with a highly competitive price to pair with the new Half Life game. Also, could modders convert a VR game into a non-VR game?
I've heard of it going the other way, where people take non-VR games and make them VR. No idea on that way around though

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:00 am

Skynet wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:25 pm
pixel wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:55 am
I've heard of it going the other way, where people take non-VR games and make them VR. No idea on that way around though
That's all I found with a few Google searches :dontknow" But if it's based on some version of Source Engine, anything should be possible :olol: Maybe modders will make Team Fortress 3?

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:31 am

Don't worry, Half Life: Alyx isn't Half Life 3:

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:33 am

Kotaku wrote:Half-Life: Alyx, you might be dismayed to learn, is definitely not Half-Life 3. But it is a new “full-length” Half-Life game, Valve said today, and it’ll be out in March.

In a press release, Valve said the game—first announced earlier this week to surprise, confusion, and memes from fans—has been “designed from the ground up for virtual reality,” but is still very much a Half-Life game in that it features “world exploration, puzzle solving, visceral combat, and an intricately woven story that connects it all with the characters iconic to the Half-Life universe.”

It’s set between the events of Half-Life 1 and 2 and stars Alyx, as the title suggests.

“Alyx Vance and her father Eli secretly mount the resistance to the brutal occupation of Earth by a mysterious alien race known as The Combine,” reads the game’s description. “As Alyx, players take the fight to the Combine to save the future of humanity.”

Despite ostensibly being a killer app for Valve’s own VR headset, the Valve Index, Half-Life: Alyx will be compatible with “all PC-based VR headsets” when it releases in March 2020. Screenshots thus far depict Alyx having hands, which is something that was technically already canon, but now her hands are your hands, and you get to use items like the enticingly named “gravity gloves.” If they are not somehow involved in a game of fetch with Dog, I’ll eat a Vortigaunt.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:56 pm

Sounds like March will be a good time for me to finally get my PSVR working on my PC.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:52 am