Microsoft Games General Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Skynet
Site Admin

Re: Microsoft Games General Thread

Post by Skynet »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:Looks like they fixed the price on Catherine, it's now $7.48.
Do you have Catherine? I've always wanted to play it for some reason.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

No, but I'll probably get it though at that price.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Some sweet bargains there.
I can't get no...

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:No, but I'll probably get it though at that price.
I ended up buying it

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The port of Phantom Dust is free on Xbox One. Wowee, a free game on console!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-AU/store/p ... CDNBHR11MR

It's also free on PC.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

I have Speed Runners on Steam, it's a good game but it's best with friends.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Achievements & Widescreen TVs Won’t Be Supported By Most Backwards Compatible Xbox Games

Hope you weren't hoping for achievements & widescreen TV support.

The time has arrived. Original Xbox games will become backwards compatible. What could be bad about that, you get to play your childhood favourites on your Xbox One, reminiscing about the good ol' days? Well, unfortunately original Xbox games won't support modern features such as achievements and widescreen TVs.

Phil Spencer's announcement that original Xbox games would be playable is great news, for sure. However, you can't teach an old dog new tricks, as each game relies upon its original code, so I hope you weren't hoping for some sweet nostalgia in the form of achievements.

"Most OGXbox games didn't have [widescreen]," Spencer explained when the question arose on Twitter. "Can't really easily change the frame buffer aspect ratio on a shipped game from [backwards compatibility]".

XTREME GAMING @XtremeGaming22

@XboxP3 Original Xbox BC get widescreen at launch?

Follow
Phil Spencer

@XboxP3

@XtremeGaming22 No, most OGXbox games didn't have WS. Can't really easily change the frame buffer aspect ratio on a shipped game from BC.
3:57 PM - 29 Jun 2017

"We run the OG code, so the game will support what the original game supported" Spencer explained in another tweet. I hope you weren't looking forward to new Xbox Live achievements either as that would mean every single game would need to be patched.

Scott Grill @ScottGrill

@XboxP3 @XtremeGaming22 So, if a OG Xbox game supported widescreen and 4:3 then it will display 4:3 on Xbox One?

Follow
Phil Spencer

@XboxP3

@ScottGrill @XtremeGaming22 We run the OG code, so the game will support what the original game supported.
4:11 PM - 29 Jun 2017

LeetSanders @LeeTSanders

@XboxP3 @XtremeGaming22 how about the possibility of adding achievements?

Follow
Phil Spencer

@XboxP3

@LeeTSanders @XtremeGaming22 Only real option is to patch each game, won't happen. Could give achvmnt 4 "playing", don't really like that

While the service will support fewer games than Xbox 360 titles, Microsoft is considering other additions, such as the ability to run a separate Live login for classic Xbox games. At this moment in time, only Crimson Skies and Fuzion Frenzy are the only Xbox games confirmed to have backwards compatibility, but I'm sure that list will grow in time.
source

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

dang popped something in the wrong bit by accident, ignore this

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Hope Burnout 2&3 is on the list
I can't get no...

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Summary of Xbox backwards compatibility:
Please try again
For some reason /INSERT GAME HERE has taken too long to start.
Close Help...

And help consists of the gems:
"3.Choose Quit 4. Try Launching it again."
"If that does not work, turn your xbox off, then turn it back on, and try again"

I'm not sure if Microsoft are trolling me, or serious.. Downloaded all this shit, and I can't play any 360 games included on rare replay.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

well I gave up on backwards compatibility when i found the fix. the trick is, if you want to play a game more than once, simply delete and re fucking download it, works for first launch, then never again!

on the plus side. forza horizon 3 is pretty good. I played it non stop for 16-17 hours
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

ian wrote:well I gave up on backwards compatibility when i found the fix. the trick is, if you want to play a game more than once, simply delete and re fucking download it, works for first launch, then never again
I honestly have no idea why the fuck you have so much trouble with technology. Backwards compatibility works fine. A good chunk of the games I play are backwards compat on XB1.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

BC works fine for me as well although funnily enough I did have some problems with a few of the games on Rare Replay not downloading properly.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:BC works fine for me as well although funnily enough I did have some problems with a few of the games on Rare Replay not downloading properly.
Maybe it's because I don't have Rare Replay that I haven't seen the issue.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

:olol: It's mostly the games on rare replay, trials wouldn't load at all yet. redownloading it too lol, but I doubt anything else will get a look in now that Forza horizon 3 is getting better. I just unlocked a reliant, so there's hours of fun right there.
But our accent is really, REALLY weird to hear in a game, it's cringeworthy.. do we all really sound like that, or did they make the accent deliberately AUSSIE to drill into international markets that it's from"'STRAYA MATE, G'DAY"

There's something about this game that makes all the shit tolerable. When I first heard the voices, saw the illegal street race events, races against trains and planes, drift zones, drones, and the word drivatar, its was all a massive UGH!! But there's enough Burnout paradise in it to keep me racing. and the level of vehicular exploring is great.. The barn finds in particular are great fun, if a little unbelievable the cars in them. In fact, if this game was nothing but pissing around exploring, and finding cars in barns, I would keep playing it.
I've spent most of today hurling around off road in a lowered ute pretending to be a yobbo, and making fun of the aussie accent. :olol:
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Am I the only one that doesn't find Conan's Clueless Gamer funny? I think it's his worst segment to be honest.