Sony General Games Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Sony General Game Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

That would be a massive shift if true.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Looks like it might not be true.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Would be an odd move for Capcom considering how big mobile gaming is in Japan, Switch/3DS would be more logical.
I can't get no...

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Apparently the last MH game sold less than Capcom were expecting so maybe they might make it PS4 & Switch.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

I don't know about the spinoff, was it stories? It looked a bit shit to be honest. Generations did pretty well though.
I can't get no...

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

PlayStation 5 to launch in 2018, analyst predicts

It looks like we could get Sony's next-gen console sooner than we thought - with rumours of a 2018 release for PlayStation 5 beginning to gain steam.

Macquarie Capital Securities analyst Damian Thong, an analyst with a great track record having correctly predicted both the PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro, says that the next PlayStation console will release next year.

The analyst's prediction was featured in a report on Sony's recent financial earnings published in the Wall Street Journal, in which he said PlayStation 5 is expected to launch before the end of next year - meaning we could see a reveal as early as E3, next month.

Do you think PS5 is in the works at Sony? Or is it too early for another console? Let us know!
source

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

At first I laughed at this ridiculous notion of launching a new system, but then I realized the PS4 will be 4 years old by November. I still think it seems short, but 5 years has always been the sweet spot in the past (the PS3/360 era being the outlier).

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

So this new wipeout game I bought a PS4 for is pretty good. it's called Wipeout Omega Collection, but I'm just going to call it wipeout PS4
It consists of:
Wipeout HD (PS3 2008)
Wipeout HD Fury (large expansion pack) (PS3 2009)
Wipeout 2048 (PS VITA 2012) Psygnosis' last game.
It's really, really pretty, really smooth, and has pretty good load times, although I can only compare the loading times to the older games, as I have never played any of these games, and I don't know how long any other PS4 games take to load, because I don't have any and never noticed at friends houses..
They have fixed the problems that the PSP had (Pure 2005), where the good graphics were kind of lost on the tiny screen. long loading times, and they fixed the overly twitchy controls. I like the twitch, but pures level of twitch was insane.
Apparently this game is ps4 PRO enhanced, which must be insane, because this game is stunningly beautiful on even regular hardware.

One thing I found, is that like the originals, I have to use the D pad to be any sort of decent.. Analogue sticks didn't exist when I first played wipeout, and still weren't around when 2097 came out.
In many ways, Wipeout 64 fucked the series by introducing analogue controls, and making it feel sluggish, even though the loading times and tracks were GREAT, doesn't help much when the game is unplayable, and also didn't help that F-ZERO 64 was out around the same time. and even when wipeout 3 introduced analog controls on the playstation platform, it just wasn't as good.. You need to have digital twitches to be decent.

How I found about the controls on this version was trying for about 2 hours with analog trying to pass a time trial. I failed miserably and at my best I was ranked #1698 on the global leaderboard.
Same track, same ship, same player, first try with the D pad I had passed and was ranked #381 globally

I'd say pick this up if you can get it cheap enough and want some nice eye candy.
Unlike most remakes that have a huge whiff of stagnation with pretty graphics, this game doesn't feel like I'm only playing it to 'MEMBER the old days, It has a nice learning curve, and is genuinely fun and feels fresh (but this might be down to the fact that I didn't play this era of the series before) "thumbsup
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

That's a good write up, Ian.

I'll grab it when it's on special.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy reviews round-up

Destructoid – 8.5
Harcore Gamer – 4/ 5
GameSpot – 6
Game Informer – 8
Eurogamer Italy – 9
Attack of the Fanboy – 4/5
Metro – 7
LaPS4 – 9
GamesBeat – 9
Multiplayer.it – 9
TheSixthAxis – 9
Everyeye.it – 8.7
SpazioGames – 8.5
Critical Hit – 8.5
Vandal – 8.3
Hobby Consolas – 8.3
God is a Geek – 8
IGN Italia – 8
COGconnected – 7.9
Gameblog.fr – 7
Trusted Reviews – 3/5
SA Gamer – 8.5

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

thinking of buying the story mode for DOA 5, can see the story mode for £5.79 which is not bad considering its normally £11.49 but then saw one listed as Game Unlock for £12.99 (normally £32.99) which I assume comes with the story mode & many costumes. Has anyone bothered getting it & if so whats included? the core of the free game is nice but limited