Now I am disapointed in Super Mario 3d land

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Now I am disapointed in Super Mario 3d land

Post by OrangeRibbon »

So I didn't play any of the original Gameboy games. I decided to pick them up on VC and they are so weird and wacky. Even the music is odd. Heck in 2 one of the worlds is inside a turtle.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Re: Now I am disapointed in Super Mario 3d land

Post by pixel »

6 Golden Coins was the best. My favorites were the Halloween land and the weird giant Mario robot

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

I never played them too much but I did a little bit here and there at a mate's house as a kid. I always found them weird and too different to what I was used to.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The Mario and the Wario games on GB were always good fun. The first Super Mario Land was a bit weird though, but still alright.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I wish that Nintendo would do a Sonic Generations-type game with new versions of all these weird one-off levels and worlds.

Hey, let's have a level based in the chest of a giant robotic Mario:

Or how about we include Easter Island as a playable world?

I wish they had more shump levels in Mario, too.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:The Mario and the Wario games on GB were always good fun. The first Super Mario Land was a bit weird though, but still alright.
Wario seems to have been forgotten by people. Even Dr. Mario is talked about more.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I always hated the first Mario Land. It was hard to control, the levels were plain weird, and the last stage of the game was a shmup. I enjoyed the second one, though.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

melancholy wrote:I always hated the first Mario Land. It was hard to control, the levels were plain weird, and the last stage of the game was a shmup. I enjoyed the second one, though.
What's really crazy is it came out 6 months after Mario 3. Anyone who worked at Nintendo should have known how a Mario game should have controlled.