Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Fixing up a beat up WWF Hasbro ring

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: Fixing up a beat up WWF Hasbro ring

Post by Bandit »

I had one of those. I don't know what happened to it, it was in good condition.

The WCW ring was a piece of shit that I broke.

The best ring was the big Jakks one from 1996. It had the sturdier ring ropes and better platinum ring posts.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea the WCW ring wasn't as sturdy even though it was a harder plastic. The paint used to come off the figures so you had a multitude of colours on the mat. In hindsight you could put like a cloth down as a ring apron with some padding underneath to save the rings surface. Only plus side it had a steel cage!

The WWF ring was better made. They had a recall some with the rounded posts due to a similar issue with the old WWF LJN ring
https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/1992/LJN-S ... -Recalled/

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

The cage was flimsy too. The WWF Jakks cage , which I think came out a year or two after the WCW one, was sturdier

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I had this WCW ring by Galoob

I don't think the cage was that bad, unless you forced it then it might have fell down. You could do like suplexes, press slams (EXTREME~!), splashes & leg drops etc from the top of it.

This ring looks very cheaply made

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

The latter was the one I had. I didn't buy the early 90s Galoob ring because I used the WWF one. But I bought the crappy San Francisco Toys WCW one, it sucked ,so then I got a Jakks ring later.

The cage on the one you're talking about looks fine. The San Francisco Toys one was made from much thinner plastic.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

There was a yellow King of the Ring Hasbro WWF ring too which I think might have got a UK release. I can't remember ever seeing it though so maybe it was a limited store exclusive release. To my knowledge we never got Dusty as a figure. I have a very, very vague memory of seeing it once but I must have been mistaken as he went back to WCW they stopped production so if it was a Dusty figure it would have been extremely rare.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dusty was rare everywhere because by the time they made a toy for him in 1991 he was going back to WCW. So they stopped production on them after the first batch. Apparently a Dusty still in the package goes for over a thousand dollars on ebay.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Thanks. I'm assuming no Dusty figures would have made UK shores?. My memory is very vague of it but it was a Hasbro figure that I'd never seen before and only this one place had it & only the one time. It would have been the series 3 & 4 releases. Unless the store manage to get one but to quote Gorilla that would be "highly unlikely".

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I don't know if they were shipped, but if they were it was just one delivery so you would have been there the week they came out. I don't remember seeing any besides in the commercials for them.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Found this on the wrestlingfigs board

credit: Ichiban

No Dusty listed as being on their release list. However, I think they did stock some from the US but they put stickers over the thing where you could mail something in which wouldn't be applicable here. Or they wanted to get rid off all the stock they produced so a rare few got shipped overseas.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

The guy who sent them just to get rid of them is kicking himself right now. He could have gotten $2,000 per packaged toy. That box he mailed to England cost him $10,000 27 years later. :olol:

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yep definitely. I guess if any did make it overseas they'd be even more sought after. Especially if they are on a foreign language card. There wasn't really much difference here because like I said they put a sticker over things. I don't think there was any UK exclusives (well the red shirt HH mail away figure) like the Galoob line.