Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: I Bought A Box Of Amazon Customer Returns

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Next time I get some money I almost want to try a Amazon Liquidation box. Amusingly the one she purchased was only an hour drive from me so I could have totally drove to pick that up and saved $200 in shipping. It’s super tempting, especially if i could find someone else to split it with.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

So upon more research, it appears that liquidation.com has it's own warehouse right here in Indiana that hold stuff from tons of different companies. I did a search of everything at that warehouse and found A LOT of stuff from a lot of places. Everything from 3rd party sellers on Amazon to big companies like Staples and Home Depot. And it is a crazy selection. I saw a 6-foot tall pallet of furniture, a box of scratched iPads, a manifest filled with paper products, and even a picture of a refrigerator box cut in half and stuffed with cracked 55" TV's. I'm getting more intrigued the more I dig into the possibilities.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

That's cool. Having no postage fees makes it a lot better value.

I was checking it out yesterday and not surprisingly Amazon don't post them outside of the US. The postage fees to Australia would have been HUGE.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

I know these videos are making it seem like buying these is a goldmine but who knows if these videos are even real. With nearly every youtube video being faked and staged it is hard for me to believe anything on there. Idk, if it was this easy to pay a few hundred to get $1,000+ worth of merchandise then why wouldn't everybody be doing it? I haven't watched much of these videos but if it is returned items then isn't there a chance they might not even work? Maybe you pay $400 and get $1000 worth of Ipads but none of them turn on, then suddenly they aren't worth $1000 anymore. I'm not being pessimistic I'm just asking. It just seems too good to be true, I realize the warehouse probably just wants to move these items quick but would I business really sell $3,500 worth of items for $500? If they are selling them for that cheap wouldn't they be better off to hire a couple of people to sell the stuff on Ebay for them?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

They are legit. You can check out the auctions here:

https://www.liquidation.com/

It's easier for Amazon and other big stores to do it like this, they get a bit of money back and they don't have to make sure it works or is the right thing.

If you watch the videos you will see that a lot of the stuff they get is either used or busted. The guy in the last videos posted got a heap of printer ink and smart watch cases.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Watching the second video in that series Zoidberg posted will answer all your questions about this. Guy buys $2200 worth of stuff for $470. 1/3 of it is broken, 1/3 of it is cheap crap that would cost more to resell than it’s worth, and 1/3 of it is quality used and new stuff that will net a tidy profit. By the end he gets to keep a couple cool things and finds the rest will net him a $300 profit, which is adequate for all the labor he spent bidding, unpacking, testing, repackaging, selling, and ultimately being a warehouse for Amazon’s used stuff.

Then if you watch the end of the 3rd video, you will see the other side. After opening box after box of office supplies, he comes to the conclusion that he will likely take a loss on that order. That’s how it goes with these. Sometimes you get, as you put it, ‘a goldmine.’ And sometimes you get 3 boxes of pens, paper clips, and ink toner cartridges.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

If you run a small business its not so bad since you might find some good stuff and things that might help out in the day to day running of it but if you're doing it to make a quick buck I wouldn't bother.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Exactly. I’d like to do one just for the fun of it. It’s kinda like a lottery, only the odds are much higher that you’ll win some good prizes.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »