Celebrity Death Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: Celebrity Death Thread

Post by Bandit »

Oh shit, Bill Paxton died of surgery complications at 61. He was in so many of my favorite movies as a kid, like Terminator, Aliens and Predator II.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bill Paxton, actor known for roles in Titanic, Apollo 13, dies aged 61

American actor Bill Paxton, who rose to stardom with roles in Hollywood blockbusters such as Aliens, Twister and Titanic, has died at age 61 after complications from surgery, his family said in a statement.

Paxton, who appeared in dozens of films over some four decades, had recently starred in the HBO television series Big Love, about a polygamous Mormon family, and acted alongside Tom Cruise in the film Edge of Tomorrow.

For his role in Apollo 13, Paxton won a Screen Actors Guild Award for outstanding performance by a cast in a motion picture in 1996.

He was nominated for three Golden Globe Awards in the best actor category for his work in Big Love and the 1990s miniseries A Bright Shining Lie.

Paxton was currently in the CBS drama Training Day before he went in for surgery. The network has not yet announced whether it will continue to air the completed episodes.

It was not immediately known what surgery Paxton, a Texas native, had undergone.

"It is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery," a family representative said in the statement.

His death adds a sad note to the Academy Awards ceremony.

Paxton was never nominated but appeared in several Oscar-winning movies and was beloved and respected throughout Hollywood and beyond.

Paxton brought a reliably human dimension to big-budget action adventures and science fiction.

He was, sci-fi fans like to point out, the only actor killed by a Predator, a Terminator and an Alien.

"I feel like I'm a regionalist and a populist who's never fit in among the intellectuals," he told AP in an interview from 2006.

"I think that's where the heart of American art is. My greatest roles have been in regional films, whether it was One False Move or Frailty or Simple Plan or Traveller."

Paxton once said the hardest part of his career was not the work itself, but the time in between.

"You know all the time I've been in this business, which is a long, long time now, I go from having incredible days like shooting the part of Sam Houston and then all of a sudden I'm home and I'm out of work and it's two o'clock in the afternoon, I'm in my boxer shorts watching Turner Classic Movies," he said in 2015.
Friends and fans pay tribute

Nearly 200 storm chasers paid tribute to Paxton by spelling out his initials using GPS coordinates on a map depicting the heart of Tornado Alley.

The effort coordinated by Spotter Network spelled out "BP" to honour Twister's leading man — a role that inspired a generation of storm chasers.

Co-star Helen Hunt joined those paying tribute to the star on social media.

"Bill Paxton was a big-hearted, thoughtful and honourable person," Paxton's Big Love co-star Chloe Sevigny said in a statement.

"He always had a smile on his face and could entertain any room with his wonderful stories of his many amazing years in Hollywood."

Paxton leaves behind his wife, Louise Newberry, and two children, James and Lydia.

Source: ABC

Edit: Whoops, didn't see Bandit's post about it.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I thought Wapner died a decade ago. It must have been some other TV Judge. People's Court is still the only court show that wasn't annoying.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Imagine that happening to you as you watched. "Wait, what?"

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Chuck Berry = farting on hookers in heaven.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

"I can't kiss you baby. You smell like piss."

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

That's sad, Charlie was hilarious on Chappelle Show especially during the Rick James skit. RIP Charlie :(

Also watched a Chuck Berry concert on BBC recently and he was making the crowd (and me) crack up during My Ding a ling. He was a charismatic performer and one of Rocks pioneers. RIP Chuck Berry

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Murphy also added that extra bit of flair and life to the Boondocks and Black Jesus. :ocry:
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Definitely, he was hilarious as Vic in Black Jesus.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

An official with the Massachusetts Department of Corrections says Aaron Hernandez was found hanged in his cell just after 3 a.m. Wednesday. Authorities tried to revive the former New England Patriots tight end, and he was pronounced dead at UMass Memorial -- HealthAlliance Hospital in Leominster at 4:07 a.m.

Prison officials say the Hernandez was in a single cell in a general population housing unit at the Souza Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley, Massachusetts They say he hanged himself using a bed sheet that he attached to a cell window.

Authorities say Hernandez tried to block the cell door from the inside by jamming the door with various items.

Hernandez, who was serving a life sentence for a 2013 murder, was acquitted Friday in a 2012 double slaying prosecutors said was fueled by his anger over a drink spilled at a nightclub

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Cuba Gooding Sr was found in his car apparently from an overdose. He was lead singer of the soul group The Main Ingredient and did a couple of solo records for Motown.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ay-72.html

RIP Cuba Gooding Sr