Persona/SMT thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Persona/SMT thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Japanese release date: September 15th 2016

melancholy
Global Mod

Re: Persona 5 trailer

Post by melancholy »

If they release a translated trailer, could you let me know?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Persona 5 trailer

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy wrote:If they release a translated trailer, could you let me know?
Here it is with English subs:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Persona thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

E3 2016: Persona 5 Western Release Date, Collector’s Edition Announced

Take Your Heart Edition includes plush Morgana, school bag, art book, and more.

By Andrew Goldfarb Atlus has announced that Persona 5 will launch in North America on February 14, 2017.

The standard edition of Persona 5 will be available for $59.99 on PlayStation 4, or $49.99 on PlayStation 3. PlayStation 4 customers who pre-order will receive a limited SteelBook launch edition for no additional cost.

Exclusively for PS4, Atlus will offer a Take Your Heart collector’s edition including the game in a SteelBook case, a 4” plush Morgana toy, a 64-page hardcover art book, a full-size Shujin Academy replica school bag, a soundtrack CD, and a collectible box. The Take Your Heart Edition will be available for $89.99.

Swipe through the gallery below for a look at the Take Your Heart Edition as well as the box art for the standard editions of Persona 5:

Yesterday, Atlus confirmed that Persona 5 will be at E3 along with a special appearance from character designer Shigenori Soejima and a limited edition Morgana hat giveaway.

Persona 5 was originally announced in 2013 with a winter 2014 release date, and eventually delayed to 2016 at the Tokyo Game Show last year. Last month, Atlus announced that Persona 5 will launch on September 15 in Japan along with a 20th anniversary collector’s edition featuring music from Persona 1-5, an art book, and special DLC.

For more on Persona 5, be sure to read our Persona 5 wiki guide and find out why we’re excited to see Persona 5 at E3 2016.

Source: IGN

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I preordered that collectors edition so hard.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Persona 5 Won’t Feature Dual Audio, Gets Morgana’s English Voiceover Sample At E3 2016

Siliconera has learned today that Persona 5 won’t include both English and Japanese voiceover options, but Atlus will instead stick to English in-game text and voices for their localization.

According to Atlus, a stable of talented voice actors have provided the English voiceovers while Atlus’s own localization team offers an English script that “provides a faithful and engaging play experience.”

If you’re curious about the talent behind Morgana’s English voice, Cassandra Lee Morris appears to have teased that she is the voice for the character.

Persona 5 will release in Japan on September 15, 2016 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. The game is headed to North America and South America on February 17, 2017.

Source: Siliconera

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Persona 5 is not only coming to Europe day and date with the US, it’s coming in style

The Persona 5 uncertainty is over.

Persona 5 will launch in Europe and PAL territories on February 14, Deep Silver has confirmed – the same day as North American release.

The announcement puts an end to months of uncertainty regarding the RPG’s regional launch. It’s not unheard of for Atlus games to take months or even years to spread beyond Atlus USA’s sphere of influence, and the lack of news since Persona 5’s US release date announcement in June has some fans worried – especially as Atlus is one of the only publishers ever to invoke optional region blocking on Sony consoles.

But anyway, that’s all behind us now: Persona 5 is coming, and coming in style. In addition to the base €50/£40 PS3 and €70/£55 PS4 editions coming to digital and retail, two PS4 only special editions are available for collectors.

The SteelBook Launch Edition of Persona 5 is pretty much just a first-run thing; it goes for the standard €70/£55 and comes with a Steelbook case.

The Persona 5 Take Your Heart Premium Edition, on the other hand, goes for €90/£80 and comes with the game, SteelBook case, soundtrack CD, 4″/10cm Morgana plush, 64-page hardcover art book, school bag and collectible packaging.

Source: VG247

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Persona 5 delayed until April

But will include Japanese and English audio.

Persona 5 has been delayed until 4th April on both PS4 and PS3, developer Atlus has announced.

Previously, it was slated for a Valentine's Day release, but alas. The good news is that it will have dual audio, meaning you'll be able to hear either the English or Japanese voice acting.

Atlus noted on the PlayStation Blog that the dual audio will be administered through a day one patch for "logistical reasons", but the good news is that it's free and available at launch.

"Persona 5 became a huge hit with its launch in Japan, and Atlus is putting the utmost care into ensuring it winds up the best when it releases in the west," said Atlus PR manager John Hardin

Furthermore, publisher Deep Silver revealed the final art for the soundtrack CD, which is included in the PS4 "Take Your Heart" Premium Edition. This bundle costs £79.99 / €89.99 and includes a steelbook case, soundtrack CD, 10cm Morgana Plush, 64-page hardcover art book, school bag, and a collectible outer box.

Source: Eurogamer

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

He's the PR manager for Atlus USA.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Please god don't let this game disappoint. I've been hyped for so many games in the last month that have let me down, so this game better be amazing.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

OPM UK gave the English version 10/10.

http://www.psu.com/news/32442/persona-5 ... -perfectly

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

P5's Metacritic score is 94 with 37 reviews done so far.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/persona-5

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I re-modded my Vita last night just to prepare it for Remote Play. I plan to play this Persona like I did 4 Golden.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Despite my original excitement for this game, playing it on the PS4 is damn near impossible due to the save points being spaced out so far and me only being able to play about an hour at a time. So I was very much hoping this announcement was going to be a Switch port so would actually be able to play it. What a shame.