Crackdown Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Crackdown Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Crackdown 3 Arriving in 2017

At E3 2014, we announced the return of the Crackdown franchise with the unveil of our newest title – Crackdown 3 – and established an exciting and ambitious vision to redefine open-world gaming. Then at gamescom 2015, we showed that creating completely physical and destructible multiplayer environments is possible through the power of Microsoft Cloud and Xbox Live. Today, we are excited to confirm that Crackdown 3 will be available for both Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs, and will be an Xbox Play Anywhere title so you can buy one and play across either device.

Crackdown 3 is a game built for the future with a multiplayer experience that will redefine what it feels like to play games, and as we continue to work on this, it has become clear that our original timeline of delivering multiplayer to fans this summer, while maintaining the size, scope and quality of the game, would be challenging. Our top priority is to give gamers an experience they have never seen before at a scale never thought possible, and sticking to our original timeline would have compromised that goal.

We know that many are looking forward to becoming Agents in Crackdown 3 and we are committed to delivering the best experience in 2017. This decision was made with our fans and their gaming experience in mind.

While we won’t be at E3, we cannot wait to show you the future of Crackdown 3 soon.

Dave Jones
Creative Director, Reagent Games

http://www.crackdown.com/2016/06/13/cra ... g-in-2017/

Skynet
Site Admin

Re: Crackdown Thread

Post by Skynet »

This is what I've been waiting for since buying the XB1. But now I may just get it on PC instead.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Crackdown is one of the series that made me interested in the Xbone, now the new models due next year might start saving, once PC is sorted anyway just a shame that one of the other big draws isnt around anymore

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Just when I thought it had gonen the way of Fable this news appears

Crackdown 3 will be a Xbox Play Anywhere title

Microsoft has confirmed that Crackdown 3 will be an Xbox Play Anywhere title, which means that the game will release on both Xbox One and Windows 10 powered PCs. This means that the game will arrive on the Windows 10 Store when it releases sometime on 2017.

It is expected that more information on this title will be revealed at E3, showcasing more gameplay for this title and some details on the game's multiplayer modes.

At E3 2017 Microsoft did say, and later backtrack, on a statement that all future Microsoft first party titles would be "Xbox Play Anywhere" titles of both Windows 10 PC and Xbox One. Now we have confirmation that Crackdown 3 will be coming to PC, though it goes without saying that most PC gamers would prefer to see the mainline Halo franchise come to PC.

You can join the discussion on Crackdown 3's upcoming PC release on the OC3D Forums.
source

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

I already wanted Crackdown 3, the addition of Terry Crews just made me want it more.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

for a game mentioned before the Xbone launched giving the impresion it would be a launch title which then missed the S redesign as well I'm starting to suspect it will be out for the launch of whatever follows the X at this point (or it'll get Fabled)

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Crackdown BC on the Bone:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

I'm not gonna be shocked if it gets pushed again neary to Feb, its in danger of turnning into DNF at this point, talked about as a launch title then so many delays. At this point you almost start feeling sorry for Terry Crews being associated with it, the one good thing is that a second hand Xbone is a lot cheaper now so when/if it does show up it wont be too expensive to grab one & the game (plus any other good older titles)

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

MS is doing $2 for 2 months game pass for new/previous Game Pass subscribers. So I grabbed it and pre-loaded Crackdown 3 for PC :cow: I'll probably do it for XB1 tonight too

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Skynet wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:42 pm MS is doing $2 for 2 months game pass for new/previous Game Pass subscribers. So I grabbed it and pre-loaded Crackdown 3 for PC :cow: I'll probably do it for XB1 tonight too
It's a good deal.

Finish the game quickly and then buy it when it's $5.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:13 pm
Skynet wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:42 pm MS is doing $2 for 2 months game pass for new/previous Game Pass subscribers. So I grabbed it and pre-loaded Crackdown 3 for PC :cow: I'll probably do it for XB1 tonight too
It's a good deal.

Finish the game quickly and then buy it when it's $5.
I'd hope I can finish the game in 2 months. :olol:

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Also it's live now, I'm testing before work.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Skynet wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:58 am I'd hope I can finish the game in 2 months. :olol:
What about getting all the orbs? That might be a 3 month job.

The game isn't reviewing that well. The main complaint seems to be that it's too much like the first game.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »