American friends, anyone want to do an import mission?

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
ian
Null Dream Team

American friends, anyone want to do an import mission?

Post by ian »

I need new shoes, MY BTTF ones have fallen apart to the point where my foot is touching the ground, got a massive blister today.
They won't ship them to me https://www.halloweencostumes.com/back- ... shoes.html

Since they are the most comfortabe shoes I have ever owned, I want 2 more pairs in size 14 (on sale for $70)
I will paypal you $140 USD for the shoes, $25 USD for your time and effort, $10 USD for postage to you, and then you let me know how much shipping will be to me, and I'll top up your paypal with the postage (and yeah, I'm prepared to be raped on shipping) Hopefully it's less than $75 lol

Can anyone help? :osmile:

And if customs weren't dicks, I'd pay you to throw a couple of cartons of Marlboros and some original mountain dew in too lol :olol:
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Re: American friends, anyone want to do an import mission?

Post by Calavera »

Well sure if your paying I can do it no problem! Just send me a pm

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

That's pretty dedicated, especially when this still exists.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

oh my god, I'm an idiot, I completely forgot about that. :rofl:

Thanks anyway Cal, I'll buy you something cheap from goodwill "thumbsup
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

And if customs weren't dicks, I'd pay you to throw a couple of cartons of Marlboros and some original mountain dew in too lol
Oh man, you get in deep shit if you live in Maryland and drive to Virginia (about 150 miles) and get caught buying a bunch of cartons of cigarettes because they're only $50 which is $20 less than Maryland. I can't imagine the trouble you'd get in shipping internationally. States don't fuck around with their tobacco taxes.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Bandit wrote:
And if customs weren't dicks, I'd pay you to throw a couple of cartons of Marlboros and some original mountain dew in too lol
Oh man, you get in deep shit if you live in Maryland and drive to Virginia (about 150 miles) and get caught buying a bunch of cartons of cigarettes because they're only $50 which is $20 less than Maryland. I can't imagine the trouble you'd get in shipping internationally. States don't fuck around with their tobacco taxes.
Even if they didn't care shipping them out of the country (hell the seller still claims whatever tax on the sales price)
Customs here would seize them, and even let you have them.. after they charge so much tax it coincidentally works out to be the exact same as local packs.
so the $50 carton of marlboros gets taxed $140. Yes, a carton of Marlboros costs $190 in Australia (you can get as low as $176 if you're lucky)
And they wonder why kids are robbing servos for smokes.
Or going to those dodgy tobacconists where you can get smokes from various Asian countries for half price.

I loved my dodgy tobacconist, Cartons for $120 (from various countries) BUT they recently put the prices up to $155. So I simply stopped smoking for like 3 weeks, then went back to local packs. I don't smoke a heap anyway (a 20 pack usually lasts me 3-4 days, 2 if I'm stressed, 5-6 if I'm busy)

If I ever travel I will make a trenchcoat simply to smuggle cartons home.
-Two Interactive.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Bandit wrote:
Really? I'm from Indiana and people drive to Kentucky and load up on cartons on the time because they are much cheaper there. I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for it.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It could just be a Maryland law.
Importing more than five cartons is a felony if transported. See Tax General TG 12-104 and TG 13-1015.
You also can't import more than one gallon of alcohol.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Bandit wrote:It could just be a Maryland law.
Importing more than five cartons is a felony if transported. See Tax General TG 12-104 and TG 13-1015.
You also can't import more than one gallon of alcohol.
Wow! That is crazy. It must just be Maryland as that is not the case here, people will commonly go to Kentucky and get 10 cartons or more. There is a cigarette store right across the state line. I was in there one time and an older man was buying what had to be 30 cartons of cigarettes. His total was over $1000 and he was buying the cheapest kind of cigarettes which I believe are about $30 a carton.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

ian wrote:
Bandit wrote:
Even if they didn't care shipping them out of the country (hell the seller still claims whatever tax on the sales price)
Customs here would seize them, and even let you have them.. after they charge so much tax it coincidentally works out to be the exact same as local packs.
so the $50 carton of marlboros gets taxed $140. Yes, a carton of Marlboros costs $190 in Australia (you can get as low as $176 if you're lucky)
And they wonder why kids are robbing servos for smokes.
Or going to those dodgy tobacconists where you can get smokes from various Asian countries for half price.

I loved my dodgy tobacconist, Cartons for $120 (from various countries) BUT they recently put the prices up to $155. So I simply stopped smoking for like 3 weeks, then went back to local packs. I don't smoke a heap anyway (a 20 pack usually lasts me 3-4 days, 2 if I'm stressed, 5-6 if I'm busy)

If I ever travel I will make a trenchcoat simply to smuggle cartons home.
All heroin dealers quit to sell cigarettes.