Microsoft Games General Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
ian
Null Dream Team

Re: Microsoft Games General Thread

Post by ian »

melancholy wrote:Am I the only one that doesn't find Conan's Clueless Gamer funny? I think it's his worst segment to be honest.

I haven't watched Conan in a while, but yeah, I always found them the weakest part, there were a few in the early days that were pretty funny, but when you have constant segments being clueless, maybe you're not as clueless anymore, and the humour is lessened somewhat.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Still doesn't support the majority of my Xbox 360 disc collection.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Microsoft to stop selling the original Xbox One

With the Xbox One X on the horizon and the Xbox One S selling very well, the time has come for Microsoft to stop selling the original Xbox One. The original 2013 design is reportedly being phased out over the next couple of months, with Microsoft’s UK site listing the console as ‘sold out’ and the US site only listing refurbished units.

The original Xbox One console design was never too popular to begin with. The console was overly bulky in an effort to ensure that the ‘red ring of death’ scenario did not repeat itself. Unfortunately, this led to the box looking a lot like a 90s VCR player and less like a console. Making matters worse, Sony’s PS4 came in a smaller design with more powerful hardware.

Microsoft eventually corrected things in 2016 with the launch of the Xbox One S. This changed the console design significantly, making it smaller, sleeker and offering additional colour options. The Xbox One S also gave Microsoft the advantage of having the cheapest 4K blu-ray player on the market.

This year, Microsoft will be making another addition to the Xbox One lineup with the Xbox One X. This is changes things up even further with a completely new cooling setup, allowing for a console even smaller than the Xbox One S. With the holiday season coming up, it is clear that Microsoft would prefer that you either pick up an Xbox One S or an Xbox One X, so phasing the original Xbox One out now makes the most sense.

KitGuru Says: How many of you owned an original Xbox One? I had one for a couple of years but recently traded up to an Xbox One S for the 4K blu-ray player. It looks a lot nicer in my setup too, which helps.
source

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Daytona USA is on sale for the 360/X1 for $2.49. Cheap!

Some other things are discounted as well. These are the US prices.

Sega Vintage Collection: Streets Of Rage $2.49
Sega Vintage Collection: Golden Axe $2.49
VF5:FS $3.74
Bayonetta $4.99
Guardian Heroes $1.24
Catherine $4.99
Final Fight: Double Impact $2.49
Crazy Taxi $2.49
Sega Bass Fishing $2.49
Trine 2 $3.74
Capcom Arcade Cabinet : All-In-One Pack $6.24
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 $3.74
Street Fighter X Tekken $3.99 (Gold Only)
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition $3.74 (Gold Only)

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Xbox One S bundle prices slashed in US and UK

Microsoft is re-evaluating the Xbox One S value proposition as the launch of the Xbox One X, and the Xmas season battle against the Sony PlayStation 4, nears. In the US that means various bundles of 500GB consoles and games are available for $249 (down from $279), or you can pay the same for a 1TB console without any games.

Here in the UK if you head on over to the Xbox store you will find the same bundle as linked to above in the US but priced at £229.99. However things look set to change very shortly. According to a HotUKDeals poster who works at one of GAME's retail stores, Xbox One S deductions are live in-store now with the website due to catch up on Wednesday. For an outlay of £199, explains the poster, you can get a 500GB Xbox One S, Forza Horizon 3, Doom, Fallout 4, Dishonored 2, Destiny 2 (code for when released) and a two months Now TV Cinema pass.

The above £199 deal in the UK may or may not be a GAME exclusive in its exact bundle contents. Hopefully the Xbox One S retailers in the UK can update their websites tomorrow to reflect the new offers available.

Please note that the Xbox One S Special Edition bundles aren't discounted in the US, so probably won't be in the UK either. The Minecraft Limited Edition Bundle 1TB, and Xbox One S Shadow of War Bundles (500GB and 1TB) coming in October keep their MSRP's intact. These consoles were only revealed a fortnight ago, at the same time as Xbox One X 'fan inspired' Project Scorpio edition pre-orders opened up.

Remember that Xbox One X consoles will become available from 7th November. The aforementioned Scorpio Edition pre-orders sold out rather quickly. Microsoft says extra Xbox One X pre-order stock will be announced "later this month". It was pleased with the rate at which the powerful new console was bought up, as fans "pre-ordered more Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition consoles in the first five days than any Xbox ever."

Those thinking about getting even deeper discounts on the bulkier original Xbox One console will probably be disappointed to learn that Microsoft stopped selling the original consoles in both the US and UK about a fortnight ago.
source

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Here you can get an Xbox One S for $299 with Forza and Destiny 2. That's roughly $239US. It's pretty ridiculous.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Microsoft’s Xbox Live Indie Game program is finally closing this month

Back in the Xbox 360 days, Microsoft launched Xbox Live Indie Games to allow developers to self publish their titles. However, with that console now well out of the picture, it is time for Microsoft to pull the plug on a few of its services. At the end of this month, Microsoft will be closing down the Xbox Live Indie Games program.

Microsoft first announced that it would be closing down Xbox Live Indie Games back in 2015, giving developers a two year warning. Subscriptions and membership sign ups were immediately closed. Starting from the 9th of September last year, developers could no longer publish indie games through the platform. Now the marketplace will officially close this month, with developers receiving their final pay cheques in November.

Players who bought games through the XBLIG program will still be able to download them and play them. For developers looking for an alternative, Microsoft has been pushing the ID@Xbox program a lot this generation in an effort to get more indie games on Xbox One and Windows 10.

KitGuru Says: The Xbox 360 had its time in the sun but with the Xbox One X now on the horizon, it is time to leave that generation behind for good. On the plus side for developers, the ID@Xbox program exists.
source

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Skynet wrote:Here you can get an Xbox One S for $299 with Forza and Destiny 2. That's roughly $239US. It's pretty ridiculous.
I've seen the Minecraft and FIFA 17 pack ins, brand new on eBay for £179. Not bad.
I can't get no...

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Without those games I have been seeing the S for 250 new. Heck a used one is only a little bit more than what you can get a used Wii U.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Fable Anniversary just got added to the backwards compatible list today, weird how theu did the Fables in reverse

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

No Shenmue 2 :(

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

And no Morrowind or Panzer Dragoon Orta. There are some good games to start off though.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

No Burnout 3!

Funnily enough I just picked up Dead to Rights on Gamecube..
I can't get no...