PC Games General Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Iced Coffee Man
Global Mod

Re: PC Games General Thread

Post by Iced Coffee Man »

I want to hear the consensus on Micro Machines World Series

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

The consensus is you hate Codemasters.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Skynet wrote:
Big Boss Man wrote:
Skynet wrote:
Big Boss Man wrote:The new Fire Pro is out on Steam, part of their Early Access feature. Apparently the wrestlers you can D/L from Steam Workshop are only 7 Kb each so potentially you could have thousands of wrestlers playable in the game. They've brought back match history/ratings too from the GBA games.
This is all true, I bought the game the day it came out. There were heaps of wrestlers on the workshop even the day it came out.
How is it running as I've read mixed things. On higher end PCs it's really good but on older ones laggy. Mainly the menu/CAW screens and in match the lag is minimal.
I built my PC this year, so I can't comment on older PCs, but it seems fine to me.
OK thanks. Guess I'll just have to try it!

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Big Boss Man wrote:
Skynet wrote:
Big Boss Man wrote:
Skynet wrote:
Big Boss Man wrote:The new Fire Pro is out on Steam, part of their Early Access feature. Apparently the wrestlers you can D/L from Steam Workshop are only 7 Kb each so potentially you could have thousands of wrestlers playable in the game. They've brought back match history/ratings too from the GBA games.
This is all true, I bought the game the day it came out. There were heaps of wrestlers on the workshop even the day it came out.
How is it running as I've read mixed things. On higher end PCs it's really good but on older ones laggy. Mainly the menu/CAW screens and in match the lag is minimal.
I built my PC this year, so I can't comment on older PCs, but it seems fine to me.
OK thanks. Guess I'll just have to try it!
You can always get a refund if it doesn't work well.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Played Just Cause 3 for the first time today, it seems pretty good.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Shadow Warrior: Special Edition free for another 1 day, 18 hours & 17 minutes from time of post

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Freebies

Super Dungeon Bros Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p ... blggh4z0wn

Grab Extreme Burger Defense, Freeway Mutant, and 10 Second Ninja X GameMaker Edition for FREE. Seriously! Just enter your email address below, and grab them on your download page

https://www.humblebundle.com/gamemaker-rebundle

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

It's ok.. a shitty card game is just the first thing included in the soon to be released red box, the other games will be:
Half life 3
Portal 3
Team fortress 3
Left 4 dead 3
Day of defeat 2
Seriously, Valve aren't even a developer any more, and even when they do a card game, they're only 3 years behind Blizzard.

Only way it could be worse if Blizzard made an FPS a decade after Val....
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Play for free! Ends in 1 day and 4 hours
forgot about this ealier, though so most will have the 360, PS3 or PS4 (not sure if it had a redone Xbone one) it may not matter really

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Deadlight: Director's Cut is free on GOG for the next day and a half.

https://www.gog.com/game/deadlight_directors_cut

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

well that dowload crashes my browser but its in the list so someday it may work to get

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Put your email in to get Space Pilgrim Episode 1 and Pony Island for free:

https://www.humblebundle.com/micro-jumbo-bundle

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Brink is now free to play on Steam:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

handy if anyone missed it when it was on something else last month

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Garry Newman’s new Sandbox game isn’t Garry’s Mod 2 but it could be

Earlier this week, Garry Newman, the developer behind Garry’s Mod and Rust, unveiled a new prototype being worked on at Facepunch Studios. It is called S&Box and the description sounds somewhat similar to what we saw with Garry’s Mod. This led to plenty of fans asking if this was in fact going to be a successor to Garry’s Mod and being the open chap he is, Newman was happy to explain the situation.

For those who missed the initial S&Box announcement, it is a project that aims to take a powerful game engine and build a “hot loading C# layer on top of it”. The system right now is running on Unreal Engine 4 but it can be lifted and applied to other engines, like the Source engine, where the project originated.

Speaking with PCGamer, Newman went into a bit more detail on the project and explained its connection to Garry’s Mod: “So this might be a bit complicated. There’s a lot of ‘is this Garry’s Mod 2?’, the honest answer is ‘maybe’ but nowhere near that yet. We’ve basically built our own game engine on top of UE4. We’re really using UE4 for its core features, rendering, networking, physics. It’s all done in an engine agnostic way. We can lift our system off and put it on the source engine”.

As Newman explains it is “too early to say whether this will turn into a spiritual successor” to Garry’s Mod, or even if S&Box will be released as a modable platform. Facepunch may decide to keep this as an internal tool to develop other games on.

KitGuru Says: I spent hundreds of hours in Garry’s Mod over the years. It is a very different game now compared to what it was back then but it is still very fun. However, a lot of GMod is based on assets from Valve’s Half-Life and Portal games and with no new Source 2-based games coming out of Valve, it might not make sense to release a second Garry’s Mod now, unless new assets are used.
source

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »