The Junk Food/Fast Food Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
ian
Null Dream Team

Re: The Junk Food/Fast Food Thread

Post by ian »

Love them, new favorite dessert! Gonna buy a whole stack when they're on sale.

Also, did anyone ever buy 48 chicken McNuggets and wish you'd bought 72?
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

:olol:

I haven't had McNuggets for a long time, possibly the 90s.

Had Cold Rock for the first time last night. Bubblegum ice cream with a Crunchie smashed in it. Quite nice.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I had to Google Maxibon. Looks pretty good. We have similar things here, but not quite the same.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Zoidberg, that's probably for the best. Hungry jacks nuggets are WAY better compared to mcnuggets, but 24 for $10 with free sweet and sour sauce is hard to top. If Hungry jacks still had the 10 packs of nuggets for $3, I'd be eating them almost every meal,

And melancholy, Of all the ice cream sandwiches I've had (admittedly only a few) maxibons are the best. I thought you guys had them in america too? Maybe they were taken off the shelves...
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Maxibons will be on sale at woolworths for $6 a pack on Wednesday.. :) 5 packs here I come
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

No we've never had them in the US.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Bandit wrote:No we've never had them in the US.
I must be thinking of something else.. maybe we could petition Nestle to bring them to America!
They're pretty damn incredible, they've got small, oreo like biscuit fragments in the ice cream for nice crunchy (but not too crunchy) bites. The chocolate end has a satisfying crunch like you get from any premium chocolate coated ice cream and the biscuit end is soft and chewy, but not so soft it feels soggy.

I can't believe home of the flave (as in flavour) doesn't, or have ever had these. I should start smuggling them, they'd be more in demand than cocaine!

why is vegemite on our export list but not maxibons?
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

There's stuff like it here. Magnum makes one that has been pointed out to be a rip off of it.

And Klondike, which is probably the #1 ice cream bar in the US, has a ton of bars with real candy or cookie brand pieces in them. The Reeses peanut butter cup ones are the best. And they have an oreo one like you described.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

That magnum one looks rather plain without the biscuit in the ice cream, but looks pretty damn close otherwise.
in the absence of maxibons, I guess that would do in a pinch.
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, I don't buy them I like Klondike.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

The mint and oreo ones look good.
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They're all pretty good. The original is kind of useless now, but it was good when I was a kid and that was all they made.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

On the menu frozen breakfast muffins are $1 each at the local Woolworths (still weird not calling it safeway) so I bought one to try. Will promptly go back when the store opens and buy all of them!
All ya gotta do is add a slice of cheese after you microwave it, PERFECT! and I'm going back for more maxibons anyway so it'll work out great.

Might check out the catalog and see if there's anything else for me to get to rag on a stick fat.
put on 20 kilos in 2 months.
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Well hungry jacks topped maccas.. 18 nuggets and 2 medium chips for $10.. with the plus you can get it 24 hours a day. Sure it's 6 less nuggets, but the nuggets are better and chips help you feel like you haven't overdosed on chicken.

also, why the fuck do maccas do breakfast all day now but still can't make a fucking hamburger from 3am to 10:30am???

Is there some sort of witches fucking curse on the staff that effects their ability to grab burger ingredients out of a freezer and cook them before 10:30????
Will the whole fucking universe collapse on itself if they make a cheeseburger at 10:29???
If I pull in to the drive through at 3:04, it is impossible to get a fucking Big Mac, but if I was there 5 minutes ago I'd be able to get the food I wanted??

I've since found a 24 hour hungry jacks and spent a lot of cash on nuggets.
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

In the US you can get 20 nuggets for $5 and the fries for about $5 too at McDonald's.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

So apparently Rick & Morty fans don't know about grocery stores where they sell entire bottles of schezuan sauce of a better quality.

I heard the McDonald's version just tastes like ketchup mixed with teriyaki sauce and not even spicy like the real thing.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Yeah, R&M fans are crazy, the obsession over sauce is stupid, and so on. But let’s be real for a moment. McDonalds pitched the return of this sauce months ago. They had enough people come up to them about it to consider even bringing it back in the first place. They knew they had a demand, and as the sauce probably costs pennies to produce, this was probably easy money for them. Because let’s face it, when was the last time anyone was excited to go to a McDonalds?

And yet, despite all this free advertising, cheap overhead costs, and influx of potentially new customers, they thought that 20 packets per location would be good enough. 20. And that’s not even taking into account that a 10 piece nugget purchase nets you 2 sauces. That’s not misreading demand, that is straight fucking up. This is the most hype McDonalds has seen in probably decades and they blow it in the most spectacular fashion.

I can’t even fathom the rational for the decisions they made. They probably spend more on one licensed Happy Meal toy promotion than they did on that fucking sauce. 20 packets, seriously, WTF?

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

You're right, but they did say on the website they'd only have 1,000 total packets. So they should have been angry earlier. It certainly doesn't make any sense, but they probably wanted a publicity stunt like when Nike puts out a very limited edition shoe that causes fights at the mall and makes people want it more and want to pay more next time. They wanted "OMG PEOPLE ARE GOING CRAZY DOWN HERE!" social media posts.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

The problem is Rick and Morty "fans" full stop.. The show is OK. it would be better if every fucker in the world wasn't fucking banging on about how FUCKING AMAZING IT IS!!!1!!!111! OMG!!!!!!1!!!!!1111!!!
It's a good show, don't get me wrong, but I think it suffers from Adventure Time disease.
Take a good show (not GREAT) and then make it out to be the best thing in the whole fucking universe, and hype the shit out of it... In this way Rick and Morty is EXACTLY the same as Adventure Time.

Rant over.. I have cut back on nuggets and have been eating mostly sandwiches for days.. 711 has $2 sandwiches on Wednesdays. So I stack up on the parma ones (5 at 12:01am, another 5 at 12:15, another 5 at 12:30 and another 5 at 12:40 from 4 different 711's) 20 AWESOME, filling meals for $40. after 2 days, freeze 16 of them and toast them throughout the week, untill next week.
losing weight doing it too
-Two Interactive.