The 50s music topic

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

The 50s music topic

Post by Big Boss Man »

:cow:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: The 50s music topic

Post by Bandit »

I forget who said it, but someone I read once said if Elvis didn't die he'd have done records with Rick Rubin like Johnny Cash did. Rick had been wanting to do a record with a 50s legend since he and Glen Danzig worked with Roy Orbison in 1986. And those would have been amazing. It could have been career rehab for him if he continued down the "fat guy who does Vegas Revue Shows" path. Imagine Elvis doing Rusty Cage and Personal Jesus instead of Cash.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

What really needed to happen was an intervention and to get away from Col Parker. A stint in rehab to get off prescription drugs, sticking to a diet plan to drop the weight and work with better songwriters I think he'd have a career resurgence for sure. I think though he'd have married Ginger and did what he really wanted to do and sing gospel records. In his discography outside of his classic LPs the gospel records are his strongest work. A record with Rick Rubin would have been cool. However if The Colonel was around he'd have continued making him do the Vegas shows. The overeating and the drug taking was really Elvis sabotaging himself because he was being bullied into doing shows and he lost Priscilla so he was on a destructive path which really leads back to when he lost his Mom when he was Germany in the Army. Elvis if he had toured outside the US, especially the UK, Europe, Japan would have been even bigger a star. Would be intriguing to see in an alternative universe had he lived what Elvis career trajectory would have been. Elvis Presley would have gained tons of fans via the MTV generation if he found the right manager and kept relevant. Elvis MTV Unplugged as the new 68 Comeback would have been great.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Reportedly the first Motown song