Celebrity News Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: Celebrity News Thread

Post by Bandit »

Breaking News: Kanye smiled for the first time in 12 years.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Sad that Tom Petty was found to have fentanyal in his system too when he passed,prescribed for a broken hip, just like Prince

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/ ... amily-says

Unbelievable really that prescription drugs were a catalyst and/or the main cause of death for Elvis, MJ,Prince and Tom Petty to name just a few.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

His daughter is claiming he didn't have a drug problem. But having oxycodone AND Fentanyl in your system just isn't normal. I don't think anybody really needs to be getting Fentanyl except terminal cancer patients. If you broke your hip get immediate surgery and cancel the tour so you can get bed rest and physical therapy. That doctor needs to be investigated. When I tore my Achilles tendon last summer they gave me 15mg oxycodone to take 4 times a day and I was high as a kite. I can't imagine going beyond that unless you're a drug addict.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea the toxicology report included a multitude of drugs. I'd imagine Tom was in terrible pain as was Prince and co. First port of call should have been surgery definitely. But say he had an inflammatory arthritis then he'd be in continual pain still and built up a pain tolerance so he needed to get the highest pain medication possible just to take the edge of. Fentanyl patches is like 75x the strength of Morphine so in theory Tom Petty et al would be so high they wouldn't even be able to speak coherently, let alone perform. A lot of the Jazz artists like Bird, Miles, Lady Day were on heroin but this is other level stuff. No medical doctor should prescribe Fentanyl unless it's completely necessary. I think it sadly has all the hallmarks of opioids addiction.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Prince didn't like him. This is like when Jay-Z and Beyonce covered a Tupac song and made it terrible. I shall boycott this by taking a shit at Half Time.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Why Timberlake using Prince to boost his appeal. Can't he pop a rating on his own. Only got on because he did MJ cast offs Senorita and Like I Love You. Neptune's wrote them for Mike originally.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

His new album got brutalized by critics https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/ent ... 301416002/

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Uma Thurman has accused Weinstein now too

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/3/16968 ... -weinstein

Seriously, why isn't this guy on trial yet?.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Statute of limitations in her case, since Pulp Fiction was filmed in 1993, and also in some other cases were in the 90s. And Rose McGowan took a cash settlement and signed an agreement in 1997.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

This is why you need to bring your best friend Dwayne Johnson with you in situations like this. If he was trying to get on stage for the Dolphins trophy presentation that guard wouldn't have the strength to stop him.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit wrote:Statute of limitations in her case, since Pulp Fiction was filmed in 1993, and also in some other cases were in the 90s. And Rose McGowan took a cash settlement and signed an agreement in 1997.

Reportedly there's 85 victims who have come forward so surely he should be brought to trial. Rose McGowan had 186 pages of her book "Brave" stolen and had a private investigator type meet with her posing as a women's activist, not only that they trying to get her on a trumped up drug charge where she can get up to 10 years in jail, anything to discredit her claims. Since she's the one to start the ball rolling with MeToo she's been targeted.

This is all from the Citizen Rose show first episode. I'd really like to see her, Uma and the other ladies get justice. The show is real difficult to watch and she's rightly very emotional throughout and this happened like 20 years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if there's even more sexual abuse claims and not just about Weinstein either but others. There's that why not accuse at the time argument but that guy is a power broker in Hollywood and shed have been blackballed and called a kook.

I think he has to be brought to justice because if true he's committed 85 known crimes. He has for a fact sexually assaulted two women, Rose and an Italian actress. Both are still deeply emotional scarred by what they had to endure. That he has some sort of get out of jail free card cause of who he is us just total BS.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Quincy Jones was trending and I was worried he died. But it turns out it's because he may have given the most epic interview of all time.

What’s something you’ve worked on that should’ve been bigger?

What the fuck are you talking about? I’ve never had that problem. They were all big.
Marlon Brando used to go cha-cha dancing with us. He could dance his ass off. He was the most charming motherfucker you ever met. He’d fuck anything. Anything! He’d fuck a mailbox. James Baldwin. Richard Pryor. Marvin Gaye.

He slept with them? How do you know that?

[Frowns.] Come on, man. He did not give a fuck!
:oshocked:

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Q also said he had like 20+ girlfriends so he on some Hugh Hefner ish at the moment. You can't front on his credentials though. He's worked with Count Basie, Miles, Frank Sinatra, Ella and other big name Jazz acts before hooking up with MJ. He's been critical of Mike since he passed but he's no doubt getting paid still off the producer royalty checks unless he just accepted a one off deal but that's highly unlikely. Tevin was in Graffiti Bridge and had Round and Round and Can We Talk as his biggest hits. I think Q was hoping for MJ 2.0. Should have hooked up with Ralph Tresvant of New Edition and worked on his album he had going on whilst with N.E. I like Tevin but he doesn't have the star quality or vocal chops to be a main eventer so to speak. He's more of a lower mid card level type talent. TC hasn't put a CD out since 1999. Bad sounded quite dated back in 87, maybe MJ should have worked with LA and Baby face, Jam and Lewis or Teddy Riley. I guess Quincy is bent out if shape his golden goose didn't want him to produce Dangerous. Q is a legendary producer but he needed to move more with the times after Bad. Back on the Block is what I think Bad should have been.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I like Bad better than Thriller personally. And nothing he could have done could have topped it because he captured a moment with Thriller and only the Beatles and Elvis were ever able to repeat getting a moment the whole world is paying attention to you. But it was still a smash hit and a classic record even if the drums sounded dated.

I don't think he wanted to work with Jimmy and Terry at the time because of the Prince connection and Bad was the album he was trying to match Prince. Plus they were busy doing Control for Janet I think. I heard he also briefly considered Mutt Lange because he liked how huge he made Def Leppard sound. But he couldn't do R&B he'd have to have done a rock album.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I like Bad too but MJ needed to hit it out the park to beat Thriller. He wanted 100m sales and that was really too high a bar to set. Out of the 10 or 11 tracks if we count Leave me Alone, arguably the best track is Man in the Mirror. Then there's Dirty Diana, Another Part of Me and the Way you make me feel. I like Just Good Friends cause Stevie's on it but you need 10 or 11 top quality tracks to even begin to beat Thriller. There is no Beat It,Billie Jean or Thriller level track on Bad. Well maybe Man in the Mirror but Billie Jean was a massive,massive game changer. Plus Thriller has Lady in my life one of Mikes best quiet storm jams.

Bad is much more pop orientated and really needed some extra to match what Prince was doing with Sign O The Times and Janet did with Control.

Say MJ hooked up with Jimmy and Terry we could have got Can you stand the rain and a more street urban sounding record similar to Control with say Run DMC,LL on features. By 1992 Mike was paying catch up and made the record he should have in 87 to stay ahead of the game. Dangerous in 87 would have been huge I think but by 92 you had the major shift to GangstaRap, Grunge etc. So Dangerous was still great but not the big leap forward it could have been. Bad is great too but is very synth, drum machine based as a lot of 80s R&B was. It sounds dated production wise but the strength of Man in the Mirror makes it still a classic. Here's how I would rate Bad

Bad *** 1/2
The Way you make me feel ****
Speed Demon ** 1/2 (I'd have taken this track of the album and put Someone Put Your Hand Out in its place)
Liberian Girl *** 1/2
Just Good Friends *** 1/2
Another Part of Me ****
I Just Can't Stop Loving You ****
Man in the Mirror *****
Dirty Diana **** 1/2
Smooth Criminal *** 1/2 (I think I'm in the minority of Mike fans as I'm not really into the song. Cool video though)
Leave me Alone ****

My ratings for Thriller

Wanna Be Startin ****
Baby be mine *** 1/2
Girl is Mine *** 1/2
Thriller *****
Beat It *****
Billie Jean *****
Human Nature **** 1/2
PYT ****
Lady in my life **** 1/2

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

TMZ reporting the recently reformed Spice Girls are planning a UK and US tour.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It's funny that Mel B will be their biggest star in America this time when she was #4 in the pecking order in the 90s. Geri was the biggest star here in their heyday, but I haven't heard anything about her in 18 years.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yep that's true. I'm assuming Victoria is the #2 mainly because of Becks and her fashion line. They did a lot though in their two years on top, I think I posted the Spice Girls in America vid in the Music doc topic. That's actually a good doc, shows they were huge at one point. Had Geri stayed I think they could have lasted a year or so longer. But in the U.K. they were Roman Reigns type pushed so people got fed up of them in the end. Plus Becks was vilified for getting sent off in the World Cup so Victoria got heat for him by osmosis. Geri and Mel B were BFFs but their arguments and Emma's alleged relationship with Simon Fuller essentially broke the band up. I'll be surprised if they last the duration as I'm sure there will be in fighting like there was and is with Mike Love and Brian Wilson so you get two different Beach Boys groups.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Victoria wasn't as popular here since David Beckham's prime was before America started embracing soccer. So they'd be like Tom Brady and Giselle are in the UK where you know they're a big deal in their country but your country doesn't follow the sport so they don't really care. David Beckham got more famous here in the past few years doing clothing and car commercials.