WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Bandit »

The show was ok, nothing special. They at least learned their lesson from the last time they were in Philadelphia and made sure to have the smart mark favorite win and eliminate the wrestlers they don't like. The women's Rumble wasn't good but I don't think they cared since Rousey was the bigger story. If the jacket she wore looked familiar, it's because it was the jacket Roddy Piper always wore during his 2000s run that Colt Toombs gave her. And supposedly Asuka is moving to Smackdown because they don't want Ronda on the same roster with her so they don't have to wrestle and they can continue protecting both of them. Mania will have HHH & Stephanie vs Rousey & a unchosen male partner. Rock is still having his insurance refuse to let him work a match so it probably won't be him. Supposedly when she met Batista at a UFC show he asked to be her partner if she ever works a Mania, so maybe him.

Also Braun accidentally legit kneed Brock in the head, Brock screamed "Settle the fuck down!" and gave him a shoot punch as a receipt that nearly knocked Braun out. The look Brock had on his face was absolutely terrifying. Braun is going to have to go pull the moon down and throw it on Brock (who won't require hospitalization) tonight to get his heat back. It's the second time Brock shot on Braun. When he was really green in a Royal Rumble a few years ago he wouldn't bump for a clothesline so Brock gave him a lariat that made Stan Hansen wince.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

An unconfirmed rumor is saying Vince pitched to Daniel Bryan a tag match with Shane against Owens & Zayn and he turned it down because he was told he couldn't bump.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Rey Rey!

Ronda needs more acting lessons. Teach her how to point with more emotion.

Bandit wrote:Also Braun accidentally legit kneed Brock in the head, Brock screamed "Settle the fuck down!" and gave him a shoot punch as a receipt that nearly knocked Braun out. The look Brock had on his face was absolutely terrifying. Braun is going to have to go pull the moon down and throw it on Brock (who won't require hospitalization) tonight to get his heat back. It's the second time Brock shot on Braun. When he was really green in a Royal Rumble a few years ago he wouldn't bump for a clothesline so Brock gave him a lariat that made Stan Hansen wince.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

And Heyman looks like "Oh shit...." when he saw the knee.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Then put Booker on NXT to get rid of Percy. Poor Mauro got absolutely nothing out of him Saturday beyond "Wow, that was a good move" type stuff once every three minutes. He's lucky he didn't blow out his voice like Michael Cole that time when Lawler had to call the last hour of a PPV solo.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I like Booker but he would be better on a 1 hour show.

Of course knowing WWE they will probably make it a 4 person announce desk or make Graves SD only.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I think Booker and Mauro would really work. Their enthusiasm can be free of Vince telling Cole or Graves to put them down. Because how dare you have a good time doing your job when Vince is there.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

A few notes on the business of Rousey, some courtesy of ESPN's Ramona Shelburne and ESPN's Darren Rovell.

- Rousey did go to Colombia for the "Mile 22" moving filming, but returned via a private charter and laid low for 24 hours. She didn't have any entourage with her so she could lay low. No one even spotted her at customs in Miami, Florida, upon her return. Her husband Travis Browne was at home with his sons who didn't even know their stepmom was about to be on TV.

- As we've reported, Rousey told Shelburne she's been training at the Performance Center for months. Rousey said she's been traveling there on weekends while filming in Atlanta, Georgia.

- WWE had to get clearance from Joan Jett's management in order to use "Bad Reputation" last night.

- Minutes after her appearance, WWE Shop was already selling two different Rousey shirts. Speaking of that, she has filed three trademarks for "Rowdy Ronda Rousey."

- ESPN released several videos of interviews Rousey did with Shelburne including this one after the Rumble and these in a sit-down setting.

- Dave Meltzer reported that the plan is still for The Rock & Rousey to face Triple H & Stephanie McMahon at WrestleMania if they can get Rock to do a match. Dave will be Ariel Helwani's MMA Hour today to discuss.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

All I have to say is that a stupid dumb motherfucker named Vince Russo said that you would never see someone from Japan or Mexico as a star and yet two Japanese wrestlers won both rumbles so Vince Russo can gobble my anus.

Also I'm gonna try posting more hi again y'all.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ocelot wrote:Vince Russo can gobble my anus.
Like Tito did to Andre?

Ocelot wrote:Also I'm gonna try posting more hi again y'all.
:hi:

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

O! Welcome back!. I actually really enjoyed the Rumble. Some cool surprises for the Ladies Rumble, Trish, Molly, Michelle, Lita haven't lost a step. Fun to see Torrie, Kelly, Beth, Vickie and the Bellas too. Rey in the Men's Rumble was also cool. Ronda looked the happiest I've ever seen and it's great move for both parties because I think she's better of outside of MMA now and in WWE she can be the badass. Well deserved for Nak and Asuka. Brock v Kane v Braun was enjoyable I thought the knee and punch were legit. He almost KOd Lesnar with the knee. Usos are really improving one of my fave tag teams right now. Big thumbs up from me for the Royal Rumble.

Also Bubba and Devon to the HOF

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

So they kept all the exTNA signings away from the rumble, figured EC3 &/or Storm woulda been in there somewhere, in favour of throwing nostalgia acts into the womens one. The womens one wasnt bad as we expect nostagia acts in the rumble so it made sense, more shocking was Steph didnt jump in at the last minute, guess the regular writer is on holiday.
Funny to see Sheamus help Slater into the ring after he spent several minutes laid out on the floor only to be instantly 'Santinoed' by him, I laughed quite a bit at that.
Lesnar/Kane/Stroman didn't go for as long or as much carnage as I was expecting, thought it would be more really, decent to watch but lacking in lengh maybe.
The rest was competant enough but not so special really, I dont regret watching it even at the longer run time but if it didnt have the padding of the extra rumble match I probably wouldnt have really noticed or been that bothered really

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Surprised Steph mentioned Chyna on announcing. As Ive said I would like to see Joanie get in the HOF. Thought Ivory would be in the Rumble as she's rumored for the Hall of Fame. Trish , Lita, Jackie and Beth are in so maybe Molly, Michelle, Kelly and Torrie might be considered.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Kelly Kelly probably won't get in because she didn't do anything memorable. And she represents the Johnny Ace Divas era they want to forget about since they take women's wrestling so seriously now. Where he'd hire pretty models who knew nothing about wrestling and only the Bella twins caught on.

Molly, Torrie Wilson, and Michelle McCool definitely will, though.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Jeremy Borash was hired by WWE yesterday. Good for him, he did a lot of hard work for 15 years for not much money. And if they give him a budget to shoot vignettes, that could be pretty impressive since he did the Hardy stuff for almost no money. Maybe they'll do a bigger budget Hardys vs Wyatts battle with him.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

A couple of days ago I saw something about Borash and thought WWE should hire him but didn't think it would happen, so I'm glad I was wrong about that.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

What is this WWE 205 is this like an internet show?