-Villains of the Squared Circle

-Brains Behind the Braun

-Wrestling's Greatest Champions

-Funny Moments

-Mega Matches

-Battle at Royal Albert Hall

-Invasion of the Body Slammers

-World Tour '92

I remember World Tour had the only Savage vs HBK match filmed.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Big Boss Man »

Thanks. I also saw a longer list with the UK Rampages, Supertapes etc on them.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Probably coming soon, but this was the list leaked for tomorrow.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I think it's a work. Booker isn't like that, that sounds like something New Jack would say. Also I've never heard of Graves being an asshole IRL. He has changed into the kind of heel announcer Vince likes, as when he came in he was an analyst style announcer. Sounds like a play on the Mauro/JBL situation but with Booker fighting back.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Seems like a waste a time trying to work that angle, unless Graves is going to be doing some stuff in Booker's fed.

He looks worse than Flair, and Flair almost died.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It definitely doesn't make sense. But Booker snapping at the guy when Graves doesn't have a history of being any kind of problem doesn't seem real. Especially to go that over the top.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

How in the hell can you push Roman Reigns over this man?

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Rusev is great, hilarious too. The Booker/Corey thing does sound like a work. You don't mess around with Book, he beat up Batista so Graves would be a cakewalk. Always thought they had heat on commentary though with CG correcting him and such.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

When they went into a room, everyone left. As Booker closed the door, he claimed Batista immediately suckerpunched him as his hand was still on the knob. Booker came back right away and was doing some pretty good damage. People outside could hear the sound of Booker’s fists pounding on Batista’s face, and after about 30 seconds, they rushed in and found Booker on top of him, doing just that. The WWE website reported the fight lasted five minutes, but it was really only 30 seconds. The argument itself lasted five minutes.

Batista screamed at everyone to let it continue, so they did. Booker once again got the upper hand. At one point Batista held Booker’s braids and tried to knee him in the face, but Booker blocked them with his elbows. Booker shouted, “Is that all you got? You’re hitting my elbows!” Sharmell reportedly kicked Batista with a low blow at that point, and it was then broken up by Finlay, JBL, Kurt Angle, and a few others. As they dragged Booker away, Batista got in a good suckerpunch that swelled up Booker’s eye. Booker shouted back that he was going to get him back, saying “I’m an OG!” which was slang for Original Gangster.
lol, I forgot Sharmell did a run in like it was a wrestling match. :rofl2:

But still, lots of people had a problem with Batista back then, and he even admits today he was a complete asshole. So Booker was standing up for everybody. Corey doesn't have that reputation, he's just reciting lines Vince is feeding him to make him sound like JBL because Vince thinks Bradshaw is hilarious.

chrislatimer16
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by chrislatimer16 »

Raw was such a by the numbers dull show Elias being last in the chamber serves no real purpose it should have been braun.

I did enjoy alexa getting vocal about kurt favoring brock (but man that womans chamber match line up is weak )

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Meltzer clarified on WOR last night that the Booker and Corey thing is a work but that they legitimately don't like each other. Corey felt like Booker talked too much for his third announcer role and Booker got angry at him for talking about a veteran like that when he hasn't been with WWE that long and Booker has been there 17 years off and on. But it had nothing to do with Booker being taken off of Raw, they just had to because they're marks for ESPN and think Coach (who nobody gave two shits about when he was on ESPN) brings prestige to the show. So basically they're just exaggerating an incident to kind of save face for Booker being demoted.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I prefer Book to Coach. He's got veteran knowledge and offers that perspective. They should bring in Big Kev and have Booker and Nash call Raw. Bring in Stevie Ray too!

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It was already on a bigger site than Deadspin and nobody really cared about the story. Probably like Gene Simmons they just always assumed Vince was a pervert so it's not shocking news.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea just posting it cause didn't see it mentioned. It was TL:DR but sonething stood out. what's with the Trish/Mickie analogy in it?

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I don't think that segment meant anything. The angle was a few months old and the skit fit into Mickie's character. She dressed like Trish in a wig to fool him, kidnapped him. Then Trish came out in a Mickie wig and acted like her. Then the guy said they were both crazy and asked both of them to leave him alone. Nor did Vince write it. The Torch reads into stuff too much.